iOS and Trimble Mobile Manager

Jump to solution
02-03-2022 05:26 AM
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Is it normal for Trimble Mobile Manger to not display GPS data even though Field Maps is active, says it is connected to a DA2 antenna, and shows the accuracy as correct?

I would attach some photos but I am unable to figure out how to attach photos from an iPhone inside the ESRI community forums. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarsonG

Thanks Jay, I spoke with our Trimble supplier and they stated what I am experiencing is intended with the Trimble DA2 antenna.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayHodny

Hello.  We are using/learning to use TMM and an R2 GPS unit.  We have had some mild hiccups, more so with Android than iPhone devices.  On an Android device, we have to click the 'disconnect from the Internet connection' after enabling bluetooth, then close TMM before starting Field Maps.  Field Maps will start TMM in the background, and all seems to be well.  The iPhone is more forgiving in that one does not have to disconnect from the internet.  It seems that if TMM is open and active and we try starting Field Maps, TMM throws an error regarding username or password being invalid, and then the connection to the GPS unit is lost.  Here is a link to a short video we found very useful.  I don't know if I have been much help, but wanted to pass along our experiences.  Regards, Jay

Setting up Trimble R1/R2 in ArcGIS Field Maps (frontierprecision.com)

0 Kudos
CarsonG

Thanks Jay, I spoke with our Trimble supplier and they stated what I am experiencing is intended with the Trimble DA2 antenna.  

0 Kudos