Integromat updates empty array

12-08-2021 09:30 AM
CharlieColey123
New Contributor II

Hi 

When updating a feature in offline field maps, when submit and sync,  the Integromat scenario runs, but the array is empty in the iterator so no further steps occur.

When I make a second update to the feature and sync, the Integromat scenario runs, and this time the array has a value 

This is because when syncing the second time,  the update is pulled from AGOL that happened in the first sync. 

I have tested this also by first making an edit in the feature service via the  item\data page, then when I make the first update in Field Maps the integormat scenario runs, and this time the array has has a value.

Is this expected behaviour, or a bug?  If it's expected behaviour how do I get Integromat to see a populated array the first time an update is made

Thanks

Charlie

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @CharlieColey123 this is not expected.

Are you using ad-hoc offline areas, or pre-planned?

Does your feature service have multiple layers/tables in it?

Is this the workflow? Could you clarify?

1. Download map area / create area

2. Open the area/map

3. Edit a feature (are you changing attributes or geometry?) and sync

This triggers the scenario but there's no feature in the updates array

4. Edit the same feature again and sync

This time it triggers the scenario and the feature is in the updates array.

I'll see if I can reproduce this and track down any issues.

0 Kudos
CharlieColey123
New Contributor II

Hi Aaron

Thank you for replying 

3 layers - editing index 2

adhoc

download

open offline map

add feature 

sync

update an attribute
and sync

This triggers the scenario but there's no feature in the updates array

4. Edit the same feature again and sync

This time it triggers the scenario and the feature is in the updates array.

im on phone now but can invite u to AGOL group and can export blueprint for you

shown this to the solution architect on the project and we can’t figure why this happening

Many thanks 

charlie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How much time is between adding (sync) and updating (sync) the feature? Is this the same feature? There is logic when a feature is added and then quickly updated (within 20 seconds or so) where an add event will be sent which includes the updated attributes. I'm wondering if this could be occurring.

0 Kudos
CharlieColey123
New Contributor II

Hi Aaron

Has been as little as a couple of minutes as am waiting for the add Integromat scenario to run before doing the update edit - don't think more than 5 mins would have elapsed between edits

The add intergomat scenario does include a http request to update a field in the feature just created 

Regards

Charlie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@CharlieColey123 

I cannot reproduce this issue. I created a feature layer with 3 layers in it. I enabled sync and change tracking and enabled a webhook in Integromat. Then I took a map with the layer in it offline. I added a feature and synced. I got the feature in the webhook payload. Then I edited the same feature. I got another webhook payload with the updated feature in it.

My webhook is listening for adds, updates, and deletes.

0 Kudos
CharlieColey123
New Contributor II

Thanks Aaron - in the end i changed my scenario to handle both adds and updates and the issue seems to have gone away

Charlie

0 Kudos