Inspection Forms: Inconsistent saving, duplicate fields, field rearrangement, etc.

05-02-2022 11:30 AM
KelseySmuczynski
New Contributor III

Hi, 

My field team is reporting the following issues while completing their inspection forms. These issues have been noted in both Online and Offline modes.

• Inspection form data is being inconsistently saved
  • Fields are being rearranged within the inspection form
  • Fields are requesting incompatible data type entries.
  • Fields are being repeated within the inspection form

Inspection form data is being inconsistently saved

After completing and submitting an inspection report, the field teams are finding that data in certain Groups are not being saved. This issue affects different Groups at different times. 

Fields are being rearranged within the inspection form

Fields within certain Groups are being rearranged and appearing where they don't belong. For example, the inspection form contains a field named 'Number of power poles to remove'. This field was set up to be included in the 'Electric' Group, but it has often been found in the 'Well Pad Info' and 'Pit Info' Groups. When fields from different Groups appear where they shouldn't they appear to be replacing other necessary fields, not just being added incorrectly in another Group.

When this issue occurs in Offline mode, one odd workaround I discovered is to open the map in Online mode, expand and scroll through the groups, close the Online map and re-open the Offline area. This works on occasion but not always.

Fields are requesting incompatible data type entries

Example: Within a Group related to well pad information there is a field designated for additional notes and comments. Sometimes this field will only allow integer entry and not text entry, which is what the field was initially set up for.

Fields are being repeated within the inspection form

Fields are being repeated within individual groups as well as across different groups.

Other information that may be of use:

Hardware being used

• Acer Enduro tablets, running Android 9.0
  • Field staff have also been using their personal phones to troubleshoot and use as hotspots for the tablets. Both Android and iOS mobile phones are being used.

Inspection form development

The inspection form was developed using the Field Maps web app. I've checked and re-checked the form setup and field settings for all the Groups and have been unable to find anything amiss. The most bizarre thing to me is that these issues happen to different fields in different Groups at different times which makes the issue very difficult to diagnose. Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

App version?

0 Kudos
KelseySmuczynski
New Contributor III

@ArmstKP Field Maps version 22.1.1 is being used.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP

Have you tried downloading 22.1.2, to see if that helps?

0 Kudos
KelseySmuczynski
New Contributor III

I misspoke, version 22.1.2 is being used. No dice so far on resolving these issues. I plan on submitting a help ticket request this afternoon and will follow up here with any new information.

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds

I saw an early adopter thread about this issue on Android, specifically the random reordering of fields in a groups.  Should have been resolved with the latest release.  22.2.0.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos