How to apply contingent values in Field Maps

Jump to solution
11-07-2021 10:24 PM
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Hi Field Maps community,

I am working with farmers to map out vegetation types on their land.

The idea is that they the vegetation polygons in and fill out the attributes themselves using the Edit widget in Experience Builder.

My plan is to apply hierarchical conditionalities so the attribute filling out process is simple for them. I assume I'd be doing this through Field Maps, which would feed into the Edit widget.

The answers to choose from in subsequent questions would be based off of how they answer previous questions.

The screenshot below shows what I am trying to do.

Marokapara_0-1636352274216.png

My arcade level is basic. I understand how to use conditional visibility in Field Maps, so how to make a follow-up question appear if the first question is true or false. I don't know how to control the drop-down answers in that follow-up question based off of the answer to the first question. Does anyone have a link to a good tutorial or can provide some instruction here?

As a side note, I've set up the contingent values in Arcpro and published that layer into AGOL, but they didn't appear when I tried editing it in Map Viewer, when I tested it out in a Field Maps form on mobile, so assume too it won't work in Experience Builder.

I know as a safe and back up option, I can load each of the fields in individually, however would like to avoid that because it will take a long time, and I think there must be a better way to do it!

I appreciate your help. Thanks for taking the time to review my post.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also very interested as to when field maps will support this. Can anyone clarify this please?

If I understood from the above posts correctly that contingent values work within an enterprise environment when publishing feature services referenced from an enterprise geodatabase does anyone know what versions of ArcGIS enterprise support this please?

0 Kudos
KathyMulcahy1
New Contributor II

I want to know the same thing any updates for 2023? I have my tree collection layer, I can do it in ArcGIS pro for contingent value. However, I can not get to the web application or field maps. 

Thank you very much. 

LauraTomás
New Contributor

Hi, 

Are contingent values support in Field Maps already?

Thanks

0 Kudos
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, but they have to be created and managed in Pro: What’s new in ArcGIS Field Maps (May 2022)

- Holly
0 Kudos
SarahSaint-Ruth
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS Field Maps supports contingent attribute values in the form. Once you have published your services from ArcGIS Pro you need to add these fields to the form using Field Maps Designer. Help on how to set this up is available in the doc. You just need to scroll a little to Add contingent field groups to the form.

If Field Maps Designer is new we have a 5 minute video here.