Form Calculate GetUser() Offline

04-21-2022 10:56 AM
CraigCheeseman
New Contributor III

Has anyone had success calculating the username when offline?  Documentation says I should be able to use the layer.  Works testing but does not work in app.

var u = getUser($layer);
var fullName = u.fullName;
return fullName;

34 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using GetUser(FeatureSetByName($map,"NameOfLayerInForm")).fullname and it's not working even when I download a map for offline use (i.e. still connected to the internet, but offline map downloaded).

This scenario should be fixed with our release scheduled for next week.

For the second scenario, when the device is offline, the expression will fail. This is still under investigation and won't make this release.

0 Kudos
DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

Thanks @Anonymous User.

Can you confirm whether any other Arcade expressions will work/fail when the device is fully offline? Or is GetUser a special case? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

As far as I know, Portal() and GetUser() are the only functions that do not work offline now. We fixed several issues with feature sets and relationships with the 22.3 release so those should work offline now in all cases.

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi! @Anonymous User ,

Any updates on the GetUser() working offline in Field Maps?

Thanks,
Kathy

0 Kudos
JamesHead-Mears1
New Contributor II

Has this fix been pushed to Enterprise 11?

0 Kudos
RobCahalan1
New Contributor III

@Anonymous User do you know if there are plans to add this functionality in? As of now the GetUser() is still not working in offline mode.

0 Kudos
FaithSJohnson
New Contributor III

Just wanted to mention that we were using this on a hidden field, so when the user hits the Submit button, they receive an error message:

Unable to Submit.

1 Hidden Attribute Failed.

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User you seem to be the person with the answers!  Any update on this?

I came up with a way to generate a unique ID for a feature with Arcade in Field Maps, but it utilizes GetUser()... Really a bummer that this doesn't work in a disconnected environment.  Here's the post on creating that unique ID if anybody can benefit:  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-collector-questions/field-maps-arcade-expression-calculation-only/td-p/1271471

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @BrantCarman 

We have been using GetUser() offline for the last month and it is grabbing usernames in Field Maps successfully 🙂 Below populates the sampler name field based on username.

var user = GetUser(FeatureSetByName($map, 'Herring Samples:')).username
var sampler = Split(user,'.')
var user1 = Proper(sampler[0]) 
var user2 = Split(sampler[1],'_')

var fid = Text(user1 + " " + Proper(user2[0]))
return fid

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Interesting!  @kmsmikrud can you confirm this works when fully disconnected? ie., turn off wifi and cell data on the device.  Your Arcade code looks similar to mine, except that I'm pulling fullName rather than username, and it will work for me in a downloaded offline map only when my device has an internet connection.

0 Kudos