Floor Picker Not Working

11-10-2020 12:54 PM
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

I have a rooms dataset that I've added LEVEL_ID and NAME_SHORT fields to per the Indoors model. This is a map service on our GIS Server. I've added these to an  AGOL map and named the layer "Levels." I also have a buildings footprints service that I've named "Facilities." I am not seeing the floor picker in Field Maps. I've tried publishing this as both map and feature services, and still can't see the floor picker. Is there other setup I need to do in order to utilize the floor picker? 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

@LeviCecil  If you publish as ArcGIS Online hosted feature service, does it work? If not, could you share the webmap along with feature service to me? You can add the account arcgisfieldmaps into a group and share the map/service to the group. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
LeviCecil

I got the floor picker to work by adding "FACILITY_ID" to the Levels and Facilities layers and publishing them together as a single map service. The problem I'm having now is that I'm seeing a floor choice for every single room from my Levels layer. So a big list of floor 1s, 2s, etc. Do I need to add a Floors footprint layer as well??

I'll need your AGOL username to share the web map with you.

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

LEVELS should be the footprint of every floor of each buildings.  You can then associate spaces (rooms) to those with a parent/child relationship to "LEVEL_ID"

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

Ah, of course. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

So I have three layers now, Units, Levels and Facilities. Units has LEVEL_ID and FACILITY_ID fields. Levels has LEVEL_ID, FACILITY_ID and SHORT_NAME fields. Facilities has the FACILITY_ID field. When I open Field Maps, I can see the floor picker displayed, and there are the appropriate number of picker buttons to floors at a given site. It's only showing the floor plan for one floor, which is what I expect. I can click the buttons and cycle through the different floorplans. The problem is that the SHORT_NAME is not displaying, so the floor picker buttons are just blank. 

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

The field name is NAME_SHORT instead of SHORT_NAME, you can see https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/indoors/arcgis-indoors-information-model.htm as a reference.

Also here are the list of layers and fields used by Field Maps indoors:

Facilities:

FACILITY_ID: combined with the same field at Levels layer to get all the levels of the facility

NAME: facility name shown on floor info panel 

Levels:

FACILITY_ID: combined with the same field at Facilities layer to get all the levels of the facility

LEVEL_ID: determine if it will be shown on certain floor/building by floor picker

NAME_SHORT: show the name on the floor picker

NAME: level name shown on floor info panel

VERTICAL_ORDER: control the floor order

Units/Details/Any floor aware layers:

LEVEL_ID: determine if it will be shown on certain floor/building by floor picker

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
LeviCecil

Facepalm. Chalk it up to lack of sleep.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

One last question. The first floor displayed on the picker: is it based on alphabetical order? In the case of the screenshots below, 'L1' is lower level 1. This is the first thing I see when I hover over this site. I would rather see '1' for the first floor. Should I change it to "F1" so it's ahead of "L1?" 

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

VERTICAL_ORDER determines the order in which floors are displayed in the floor picker.  

AndrewBowne_0-1605616581831.png