Select to view content in your preferred language

Filed Maps - How to Pass Multiple Values (Not Just Primary Key/Foreign Key) from Parent Feature Class to Child Feature Class

Jump to solution
05-25-2022 03:33 PM
rsun_TQB
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

I am wondering how can I pass both hydrant's asset id (very long one) and short id to our hydrant inspection (child feature class) field maps smart form utilizing "relationship class"?

I am able to create relationship class, but it can only pass asset id to the inspection form (child). I thought I could use Arcade to grab attribute value from parent feature...but I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Both feature classes are both stored on our enterprise GDB.... it may be reason why I can't do arcade expression to set up default values at all... (SAD)

Please help 🙂

Thanks a lot!

Reno

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah, it will be available with ArcGIS Enterprise 11 which is scheduled to be released this summer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You should be able to use the second calculated expression example in this blog post - just modify the relationship name, layer name, and field to access. To pull info from any other another layer or table (related or not) you can use the FeatureSetByName and Filter functions.

rsun_TQB
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User ,

I am using a published feature service directly shared from our enterprise GDB.

I noticed that my Field Maps on ArcGIS Enterprise do not have "Calculated expressions" like what I have on ArcGIS Online.

Ha...this is sad for enterprise users.

Thank you for your help...I wish I could try the solution that you provide. Looks fantastic 🙂

Reno

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah, it will be available with ArcGIS Enterprise 11 which is scheduled to be released this summer.

rsun_TQB
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! Awesome! I am super looking forward to upgrading to ArcGIS Enterprise 11 now.🙂