Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps URL - related table record - Specified layer couldn't be found

10-17-2023 09:33 AM
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am attempting to use a URL link to open up a related table record in Field Maps. I am using the following schema which all seems to be correct:

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=updateFeature&itemID=d83642a09afb43a195d60418f3b0abf4...

However, it states "Unable to Update Feature - The specified layer couldn't be found"

The layer definitely exists, I am thinking related table records are not supported?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KPyne , updateFeature does not support opening directly to a table (related table). You would need to call the parent feature and then manually navigate to the record in question.

We did recently add the ability to add new related records via the addRelatedFeature parameter. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Bummer! Any chance "updateRelatedFeature" is in the works?

My use case is compliance inspections tied to an asset - wanted a URL link to quickly open the pending inspection and use the current related record functionality as a way to view historic records. (To save a few tap and because I cant seem to sort related records by date)

We generate new records in the backend once pending records are completed - otherwise addRelatedFeature would be great

0 Kudos