Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps Update Domain Status Loses Attribute Information

Jump to solution
05-14-2021 12:36 PM
JoshConrad1
Regular Contributor

Hello:

I have developed a web map that our field crews are using to track work orders through Field Maps. The web map has a hosted feature service published from ArcMap.

I have the map symbolized by a domain field drop down, along with grouped fields and conditional visibilities based off of the status chosen.

The field crews have been able to successfully fill out the form, however when they change the domain back to the status that has the conditional visibility expression attached to, the attribute information gets completely cleared out.

Please help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JanetSilb_Spike
Regular Contributor

Hi @JoshConrad1,

I worked with Tech Support to arrive at this solution:

Adjust our Arcade Expression to not hide Groups with values:

• Each season, add the following line to the Arcade Expression for Conditional Visibility for the previous seasons' Groups (replacing "Season_Completed_FieldName" with the field name for the previous seasons' Completed field)
    • ....|| $feature["Season_Completed_FieldName"] == "Yes" || $feature["Season_Completed_FieldName"] == "No"
    • Example for Spring 22, Fall 22, Winter 22:
      • $feature["Completed"] == "Yes" || $feature["Completed"] == "No" ||$feature["Completed_Aug22"] == "Yes" ||$feature["Completed_Aug22"] == "No"| |$feature["Completed_Nov22"] == "Yes" ||$feature["Completed_Nov22"] == "No"

I also put in this enhancement request, which I guess is underway for future release of Field Maps:

• Enhancement request:
    • ENH-000145702: Conditional visibility in the Field Maps erases attribute values when editing existing features. Please allow user to choose what attributes to keep instead of erasing all the related attributes.
JoshConrad1
Regular Contributor

@JanetSilb_Spike 

Happy to hear you came to a solution!

The enhancement request is a must, hope they work on it and push it to the top of the list.

0 Kudos