Field Maps popup title not displaying field values

11-08-2021 05:32 PM
BenjaminBlackshear
New Contributor III

I am using Field maps for IOs and ArcGIS online and when I configure popups through the web app with a field name, like {name}, the popup in the mobile app does not display the value of this field for the given feature but instead the text {name}.

The layer in question is an edit enabled view of a hosted feature layer.

7 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Benjamin,

When you open the attribute table of the view, can you see the field?  Is it "name" or is it spelled differently?  When you configure the pop-up, it should give you a list of field names that are valid.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
BenjaminBlackshear
New Contributor III

Yes I am choosing it from the list of valid names:

BenjaminBlackshear_0-1636577623483.png

when I click on the popup, the proper values displays, but when I edit the feature in field maps is does not display the value, just {name}. see attached

BrendanFordDC
New Contributor II

Benjamin:  Did you ever get an answer to your question?  I am having the same issue.  The same field works when I use it for the popup title but not when I try and make it the title of the form.

RobertTaylor5
New Contributor III

Hi Benjamin.  I am having the same exact problem!  Screenshots below show (1) how the form title was set up in FM on the browser and (2) how form title is displayed in Field Maps for iOS, i.e., instead of displaying the value of the field Grid_ID, it shows "{Grid_ID}" in the form title.  

RobertTaylor5_1-1656519260891.jpeg

RobertTaylor5_0-1656519062923.jpeg

Esri: Is there a bug logged for this???  

jtmouw_NCDOT
New Contributor III

I found that the fields in the title had to also be somewhere in the form for the values to be displayed.

PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Nice catch!  I was having the same issue, {address} was not showing in the title of the edit form.  Adding it to the form and then making it read only and not visible left it just on the title line, where I wanted it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrendanFordDC
New Contributor II

That is a nice catch.  I will use that. 

0 Kudos