Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps Offline Maps Unable to Sync

2 weeks ago
PurplePom
New Contributor

When downloading an offline area or a pre-determined offline area in field maps, sync fails. Error log is attached. There are no warnings or errors to any layer on Field Map Designer. All layers have sync enabled and track edits. This started on Monday when no changes had been made. Previously they synced without any issues. Help with troubleshooting is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

A few things to check based on my past failed syncs.

1. Are there any join layers in the map?

2. If you go into the JSON of each layer, do they all include sync in capabilities?

3. Have you tried un-enabling sync for each layer and then re-enabling it? Note, this may unregister your replicas so you can't sync any existing data (you can still manually append it). 

4. Have you tried different internet and cellular connections?

5. Are other users on different devices having the same issue for this map?

6. If you remove the pre-determined offline areas, can you sync then?

PurplePom
New Contributor

No join layers.

Checked each JSON that sync is enabled.

Disable/re-enable had no effect.

Different connections in different states with the help of coworkers.

Different devices checked on my devices as well as coworkers.

All users are having the same issue.

Removed all pre-determined areas and the sync error still occurs.

I appreciate the suggestions. I created a new version of the same field map, pulling in the exact same layers and it syncs fine. The problem is I will have to recreate at least 3 different field maps to clear this issue. I don't understand how making a new map with the same layers as the old can correct the problem, but it seems to do so.

0 Kudos
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Interesting. I think this is one of those issues that might warrent a supprot ticket, unless you want to just reboot all the maps and move on with life.

0 Kudos
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @PurplePom 

Has the schema of the layers in an offline mode been changed either the symbology, schema?

How many offline areas have been created?

Can other devices take offline areas or Field Maps Designer still make areas?

Are other devices seeing this issue?

If you need to get the data from the devices please consult the following documentation

Access offline edits from ArcGIS Field Maps directly from an iOS or Android device

0 Kudos