Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps - Offline Areas Failed to Download

09-20-2023 08:45 AM
Johnkellyneedsassistance
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

My team and I have ran into a problem in our growing Field Maps system.  Everything worked well until very suddenly when we tried to download offline areas, every field workers' devices failed to download th offline area.  We aren't sure what changed, has anyone else had this problem?  Please let me know what solution you all might have. 

The only thing that we can thin of is that we changed the basemap on AGOL and that could have something to do with it

Thanks!

John

11 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

What basemap are you using? If it's vector/tile-based, it cannot be downloaded offline (as far as I understand).

0 Kudos
GEO_MLK
New Contributor

I just want to add that my team is experiencing the same issue. We have multiple field maps deployed that we have, up until today, been able to create offline areas with no problem. As of today, we have not been able to successfully download offline areas from any of the maps we have tried. We also created test maps with no layers, and offline areas failed as well. 

RogerDunnGIS
Frequent Contributor

You've probably looked at this page, but I include it just in case:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/use/take-maps-offline.htm

And, of course, verify that the basemap's projection matches that of your services.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I have seen this when you collect a bunch of data in an area, and the offline area is now too large due to more features/attachments in it.  Had to create a smaller offline area to get it to succeed.

Also, you say you changed the basemap as well.  I am only able to create/download a fairly small area of my data if I have a 'normal' basemap included unless I take the Level of Detail down to the world level.  Which will not do in most cases.  So, I create the offline areas with a small vector basemap (since AGOL won't let you create a map without a basemap) and tell it to use the basemap I have side loaded onto the app device when generating the offline area(s).

In case any of this applies,

R_

Y_Chau
by
Frequent Contributor

Try to create offline areas in Field Maps web. If there is a problem with your basemap then it would fail. I have come across a situation where it fails if the CS of the basemap is not exactly the same as your feature layer. You might have published the feature layer with default web mercator CS and later you wanted to use a basemap in local CS.

Sincerely

0 Kudos
JohnHudson
New Contributor

We've also just experienced an organization wide field maps collapse...When we do get an area to download, our crews ipads now say "unable to submit - token required" or "unable to submit - internet connection appears to be lost". Anyone else seen those errors? 

0 Kudos
RogerDunnGIS
Frequent Contributor

While these forums are great for user feedback and some Q&A, it sounds like this could be a wider issue.  I suggest someone submit a ticket to Esri Support.  They'll want more details, and may want to add your experience to others that are calling in about this thing.  Perhaps there was an OS update or even an Esri update that is causing this.

0 Kudos
BJ
by
Emerging Contributor

Are you downloading predefined map from ArcGIS Online? but your data stored in your ArcGIS server.

On  Field Maps, tap Profile -Troubleshooting - View Logs
if you have "Error: SQLite corrupt database. : SQLite: 11"

This is the existing issue.

Workaround:

- Create predefined map

- Upload sqlite geodatabase from your ArcGIS Server temp folder to AGOL manually.

You can ask ESRI support to give you a script to do it.

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I've also faced this issue. Changing my basemap fixed it until it started to happen again.. support doesn't really have a clue either