Select to view content in your preferred language

Inconsistent Execution of Attribute Rules

05-20-2024 10:56 AM
drWood
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello all.

I have an Attribute Rule in place on the items within a feature dataset (ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and Enterprise 11.2) that is executing inconsistently. It is designed to grab the nearest road segment from another feature class in the feature dataset and populate a field with relevant information upon Inserting a record.

The rule was designed and tested with no errors in a test environment and then replicated in our production environment. The rule worked fine to start and is now throwing error messages within Field Maps when trying to submit new records. When replicating the creation/insert process in both the Enterprise Portal Web Map through a web browser or within ArcGIS Pro using a direct database connection, there are no error messages thrown when submitting a record.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this issue? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @drWood 

Would you happen to have any of the error messages or screenshots of the error? It may be something involved with the data or signal in the area not reaching back to trigger these rules, which may cause some type of data issue, but that's just a theory.

Cody

0 Kudos
drWood
by
Occasional Contributor

Hey Cody, here is a screenshot one of our field staff sent in 

drWood_0-1716567260164.jpeg

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @drWood 

I apologize for the late response, are these field optional or are all required? If possible, you may try inputting one field at a time and observing if one or all produce the error. Looking at the fields, I'm guessing that the hyperlink may be causing some issues, but that's just a guess.

Cody

0 Kudos
drWood
by
Occasional Contributor

@CodyPatterson, The fields are not set to required for any of them so there's no constraints being implemented there. The issue is still persisting in Field Maps, but creation of new records works without a hitch in both the web map via the REST service and in ArcGIS Pro using a direct connection to the enterprise geodatabase.

However, when I try to create a record using the REST service in ArcGIS Pro I am met with the same error shown in Field Maps.

0 Kudos