Field Maps - intermittent logging out bug

05-25-2021 09:10 PM
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Anyone with ideas how to stop Field Maps app intermittently logging out users between sessions - occurs on all Android devices.  It is disruptive to work flows, particularly for remote staff - when they discover the app has logged them out in the field. Same bug occurs on Collector for ArcGIS on Android.  Does not occur on Apple devices - a hint to the developers for debugging.

18 Replies
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

I noticed the same with our users.

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Make a formal bug complaint with esri. We did last week. The more people report it the better.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Users are reporting the same issue with our app built on the ESRI Runtime SKD for Android.

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Make a formal bug complaint with esri. We did last week. The more people report it the better.

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Steve/all,

We have fixed an issue that we believe is likely causing this intermittent sign out issue. It is in our current Beta, and will also be released with 21.2.0 which will be out soon. 

Please test the Beta out if you can, and update to the latest Field Maps once it has been released.  If you can report back to this thread if you continue to see the issue after update (and even better - report back if to confirm it resolves it!)

We understand that this is a frustrating issue - and we hope this resolves these issues.

Thanks,

Heather

SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the information @HeatherMcCracken and (most likely) fixing the issue in the next update. Appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @HeatherMcCracken,

Any idea if this fix will be rolled into the Runtime SDK for Android as well as we see the same issue there?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

You should be able to achieve this now with the current release of the Runtime, if your solution uses the runtime credential cache and the runtime authentication handlers.

Ensure you are passing -1 as outlined in the help doc here

If a -1 is passed as the fourth parameter of OAuthConfiguration(String, String, String, int), a permanent refresh Token is generated (if the portal supports permanent refresh tokens).  

If you are using the Runtimes credential storage, ensuring you are passing -1 should do that trick.

Best,

Heather

JBald
by
New Contributor III

the error mentioned in this thread happened to me 2 times today and I am not using BETA.   app is also not showing all of the Field Maps, they appear and then disappear.  I have to log out and log back in for them to be visible again.     I am the admin.  also having a problem with one app not showing one of the editable layers.  I verified multiple times that it is set as "Visible" and "editable"  but it does show in the Legend, but has a yellow exclamation point with the words "domain exists"  It tests fine on the desktop, but not in the app.  other field maps I made work fine.   I am looking for a thread with this problem .  I attached a screenshot of the app

error.jpg

0 Kudos