Field Maps Feature Tiling Disabled

03-24-2021 01:38 PM
Chattahoochee_-_OconeeNational
New Contributor II

Good afternoon,

Field Maps continues to fail to download offline areas and I have it isolated to a single feature. The project was working fine until today when I updated information and I had also updated some names to reflect the changes. I have tried disabling sync and editing, and the problem persists. Before this, the project worked fine. No field were changed but several domains were updated and the project title updated. I've attached the link to the item and any ideas. The item works fine online and can be added into Pro without issues. This is inhibiting field work at the moment until its resolved.

https://services1.arcgis.com/gGHDlz6USftL5Pau/arcgis/rest/services/Chattahoochee_Oconee_Hemlock_Cons...

23 Replies
RonaldHealey
New Contributor

Yea we just started getting this error too. It was syncing great everyday and we have not been making "server side" changes since deployment. Then seemingly out of no where started getting "service error code 500" when hitting the "sync" icon... This error yielded no search results related to ArcGIS Field Maps directly. So we check the logs and found the "Feature tiling disabled" message, which lead me here! We definitely have internet connectivity on the device because we can log in and out of ArcGIS online thru Field Maps, and browse the web in a browser. So the only thing I have to go on is trying to "enable" "feature tiling"... but I haven't found where that setting is located! I guess the one good news is the data is seemingly recoverable once I have it back in my hands. (https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012460) Thanks for hearing my rant, and please update us if you get any help with ESRI!

0 Kudos
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Yep, happening more for me too. Still having this log issue appearing with Unable to Download messages in Field Maps. Using the Esri-authoritative World Imagery (for Export) as a basemap.

Henry
0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

I'm also experiencing this issue. We have a webmap that contains a hosted view layer. If a map contains that hosted view layer, we get an error when trying to download an offline area in Field Maps, Collector and Collector Classic. I'll keep digging.

0 Kudos
BronwynDitchburn
New Contributor II

As of  last week  I am experiencing the same problem an Samsung s5e "feature Tiling disabled " , I recently updated this device to  version 10 .The problem appears to be specific to  Android . I can download the map on my Android without any issues . 

0 Kudos
Henry
by

Might want to check if you have any copies of hosted feature layers or ArcGIS Server layers on your Web Map. Offline maps do not work for maps that contain the same layer multiple times.

Take web maps offline—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

That being said - the packaging offline map areas still gets stuck - even on small areas. Not sure why. And I continue to have occasional failures to download with that feature tiling disabled error message. My only thought is that I'm using it beyond the scope of what is suggested for the World Imagery (for Export) tile layer - from Esri:

"The map service supporting this layer will enable you to export up to 150,000 tiles in a single request.  For estimation purposes, this is large enough to support the export of:

• Large city (e.g. San Francisco) down to full level of detail at ~1:1,000 scale (Level 19)
  • Medium size state or province (e.g. Colorado) down to scale of ~1:36,000 (Level 14)
  • Medium to large country (e.g. Continental United States) down to scale of ~1:288,000 (Level 11)"
Henry
0 Kudos
Henry
by

Welp, just had a larger (50MB) Offline Map Area that I had previously created successfully download after failing to do so around 12 times.

It's just wildly inconsistent - I don't know how else to put it. It's a mystery to me as to what works best - nothing seems to give me a reliable outcome when it comes to packaging and downloading - small map areas work well and then suddenly stop working, really big map areas don't work and then miraculously do.

Henry
0 Kudos
BronwynDitchburn
New Contributor II
Hi Henry,

I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago .

Initially I was unable to log into Field maps with my Android device , I assumed this was due to the upgrade to version 11 . After a factory reset I was able to login, however was still unable to download an offline area and inconsistently received the message " Feature Tiling disabled".

Connecting from my home Wi-Fi with VPN and was able to connect and download offline areas for both hosted and enterprise feature classes. I can confirm that the issue was due to our IT dept changing security and whitelisting on our secure Wi-Fi .

Rhys Walsh from Esri provided me with the following documentation which may be of assistance:

When discussing with the Security/IT teams, the following documentation provides overall recommendations and guidance on domains to allow when whitelisting ArcGIS Online web traffic:

* Domain Requirements for ArcGIS Online - https://downloads.esri.com/resources/enterprisegis/AGOL_Domain_Requirements.pdf

If the usage of wildcards when whitelisting domains is disallowed, a list of specific domains to allow can be found in the document below. As per the document, please note this may not be fully inclusive, as ArcGIS Online infrastructure does change over time.

* ArcGIS Online FQDN Requirements - https://trust.arcgis.com/en/customer-documents/domains/

Regards Bronwyn

NicholasMcNamara
I'm using Portal for ArcGIS though, and it's on our internal network. So I'm not sure if that would apply.

0 Kudos
BrianRobeson
New Contributor III

I'm getting the same error message but under different circumstances.

My map downloads and works fine until I sync.  The sync sends collected data up to the server but doesn't pull down any changes from the server.  Also, once I sync the map doesn't draw in Field Maps.  I have to sign out of Field Maps, restart the app, and sign in again in order for the map to draw.

Brian

Henry
by

Having the same issue with a map I had previously downloaded - getting Failed-To-Sync errors, logs have the same Feature Tiling Disabled error.

Henry