Field Maps and Amazon Fire

Jump to solution
06-20-2021 06:39 PM
JenniferLink1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I noticed that Survey 123 is available in the Amazon Appstore. Is there a plan to make Field Maps available to this app store as well?

Thanks,
Jen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@JenniferLink1 we don't have any plans to make ArcGIS Field Maps available in the Amazon app store. You can still download Field Maps without going through Google Play by following this technical article.

As a note, Survey123 will no longer be pushing updates to the Amazon app store either. See this post for more information.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@JenniferLink1 we don't have any plans to make ArcGIS Field Maps available in the Amazon app store. You can still download Field Maps without going through Google Play by following this technical article.

As a note, Survey123 will no longer be pushing updates to the Amazon app store either. See this post for more information.

JenniferLink1
New Contributor III

Thank you. That works for me!

0 Kudos
IvoHugentobler
New Contributor

Hi, we are looking for a solution to get the latest Version of collector / fieldmaps on windows devices. At the moment we have to work with the old collector classic.  Windows 11 now seem to support android apps via amazon app store. Since the field maps app wont be on this app store (as mentioned above), do you see any other chances of getting the great android fieldmaps app on windows devices (without android emulator etc.). Thanks for any advice and hints!

0 Kudos
GrahamWood-HWC
New Contributor III

Hi @DougMorgenthaler  

Should I be adding an idea for "Support Amazon App store for field maps" as this would solve a lot of problems for utilities companies or is there a specific reason that ESRI don't want to do this?. As such you will find through Geonet lots of utitilities users requesting support/looking for for a windows app and looking for a solution that will work in their corporate environment..

I'm trying to get a very new fleet of toughpads that aren't windows 11 supported onto one of ESRI's apps(if we can force Win11 onto them..) 

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos