Error: Unable to Submit, Feature has Invalid Geometry

05-17-2022 03:42 PM
MarkShibuta
New Contributor III

I managed to publish a feature service to my arcgis enterprise using the managed database. The service contains 8 layers from a single geodatabase with data that was copied to the server. Everything seemed fine with the web map setup popups, layer visibilities and symbology in the map viewer on portal.

However when the map is in fieldmaps app(for android)(either offline area or online) It cant allow me to edit or capture new feature with the error after filling the form after I tap Submit saying "Unable to Submit, Feature has Invalid Geometry". Can someone help with this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JustinReynolds
Occasional Contributor III

The geometry may never actually got captured.  If you are collecting the location manually (not using the "+" icon) then you can try to hit "update point".  Android Collector had a bug along those lines, where if I collected a point manually more often than not I would need to hit update point.  It may have carried over to Field Maps.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
MarkShibuta
New Contributor III
Nope it still pops up the same error. Actually just 1 layer seems to be
working normally.
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

See if you can reproduce the issue when using an iPhone or iPad

0 Kudos
MarkShibuta
New Contributor III

All my devices are Android based. I'll keep looking for one. Im really stuck with an error I cant solve. I did try creating a new web map with feature individual feature service layers but still run into the same error. 😔

0 Kudos
MatthewMrizek
New Contributor II

I had the same error popping up for me when I was taking some points I created using geoprocessing tools in QGIS and publishing them as a feature service to AGOL for use in Field Maps. Just like you, everything looked fine in the map viewer and when pulling the webmap into ArcPro. I could even edit the points in those two locations too. The solution I found was my points were actually multipoint features. Once I converted them to point features (I used SAGA in QGIS to do it), I didn't get the invalid geometry errors. After some googling, it looks like Field Maps can't ingest mulitpoint features. ArcPro can convert a multipoint feature to a point feature but it requires an ArcInfo license.

0 Kudos