Error in Forms forcing me to have Object ID in the form as a required field

Jump to solution
06-21-2022 08:55 AM
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

Object ID used to not be a required field for a form to be valid. I have been trying to create a form for my field crew without forcing them to have to view the confusing objectID on their end, but for some reason forms will  not allow me to delete ObjectID from the form. It sends the below error and then all my form configurations are gone and I have to start over. Why did this start happening and can we get rid of the requirement please?

KaraUtter_0-1655826897603.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KaraUtter

So this objectID field that it was forcing me to require in the form was an extra ObjectID field that was leftover from a join of two tables. When I deleted it, the form no longer required it. I don't think anything about this situation makes sense or is right, but at least I got it figured out on my end to a point where I can build the forms for my field crews.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

Apparently, the ObjectID field that came in as a Long field from the joined table, was also marked as not allowing NULL values due to it's original status as the unique identifier for the other table/feature that was joined. This being marked as not allowing NULL is what made it come through Field Maps forms as a required field. If it allowed Null values, it would not have been required. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KaraUtter

So this objectID field that it was forcing me to require in the form was an extra ObjectID field that was leftover from a join of two tables. When I deleted it, the form no longer required it. I don't think anything about this situation makes sense or is right, but at least I got it figured out on my end to a point where I can build the forms for my field crews.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KaraUtter how did you perform the join?  Was it in Online or Pro or somewhere else?

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

I ran a join and then exported the layer with the join so that it would just be a single layer with attribute table. I did this in ArcGIS Pro. 

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

Apparently, the ObjectID field that came in as a Long field from the joined table, was also marked as not allowing NULL values due to it's original status as the unique identifier for the other table/feature that was joined. This being marked as not allowing NULL is what made it come through Field Maps forms as a required field. If it allowed Null values, it would not have been required. 

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KaraUtter yes, that would be the reason you ran into this issue.  The problem appears to be with the Join itself and preserving the Allow Nulls property for the ObjectID fields after the join.  These should be excluded, this isn't an issue in Field Maps but in the app that you performed the Join in, I'll reach out to the Pro team to see if they can address this.

Craig

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

Thanks, Craig!

0 Kudos