Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Utility Network features in Field Maps

a week ago
maiam
by
New Contributor II

Is it possible to edit utility network feature services in Field Maps? I have seen some conflicting info on this ability and recommendations on ways to publish UN services for use in field maps. The use case is field crews currently edit valves in a valve maintenance map in field maps. They update attribute info on the valve like date of maintenance, status, etc. We are now migrating over to utility network and I am finding it hard to replicate their work flow. 

I have tried it a couple ways...

1) Published out map from pro where the layers reference the published UN service (water device specifically), with defined custom attribute expressions and definition queries per each layer. I can then create the form in field maps but the fields don't register that domains have been assigned. I think this is expected behavior as its looking at Water Device and not the subtypes assigned domains.

2) Published out map from pro where the layers are defined under a subtype group layer. This does not seem to be editable in field maps.

I am wondering if attribute editing for a UN layer is possible in field maps while still maintaining domains that are applied at the subtype level? 

Attached and linked is what I have found so far...

On subtype group layers being the preferred approach: Understanding the Differences Between Utility Network Maps (esri.com)

Limitations of that: Subtype group layers and tables—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

hi @maiam ,

Unfortunately I think the answer to your questions is within the limitations list in this documentation page: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/ios/use-maps/utility-network.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_D9E9DD1BAA784C79...

GlenShepherd_0-1718921950143.png

0 Kudos