Disable Barcode from Field Maps/Collector App

07-23-2023 05:27 PM
ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

I received this geodatabase from a colleague for a field excursion, collecting data per the gdb domains, feature classes, etc.  It appears that EVERY field without a Domain defined is enabled for Barcode scanning functionality in Field Maps / Collector.  Does anybody know how to disable this?

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 5.52.41 PM.jpg

thanks,

Zach

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the Field Map Designer, click on the field and change the Input type

barcode.png

0 Kudos
ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

uuuuuhhhhh, what is Field Map Designer?  I clicked here in official ESRI Field Maps Google funnel top-hit:

Screenshot (22).png

It took me here, ( field maps resources  ) and then proceeded to direct me to a buffet of links and articles about Field Maps  not Field Maps Designer specifically.  I think the 10 minutes it took me to respond here is potentially 10 minutes well spent - rather than wade through the articles and marketing.  1) Do I need to use Field Maps Designer?  Just good-old-fashioned Collector-ish web app setup in AGOL, nothing fancy.  2) This must be unintended/bug right?  I dropped a gdb with features onto AGOL and into a webmap, then checked the settings for Field Maps/Collector.  Now every FC without a domain includes a bar code scanner.  So do I need to go through Field Maps Designer?  Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are a couple of ways to get to the Field Maps Designer: through the app launcher, clicking in the item list, or on the maps's Overview page

app launcher.png

item list.png

item overview.png

I haven't opened an old Collector map in Field Maps, so I don't know what are the default settings applied to it when it is upgraded. However, since you need to reconfigure what is there to get rid of the barcode option, then you should configure the form to what you want.

0 Kudos