Select to view content in your preferred language

Default Values - Not Shown and Not Configurable Using Field Maps with Published Feature Layers from Enterprise GDB

Jump to solution
05-25-2022 05:41 PM
rsun_TQB
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All

Default Values are not shown and are not configurable using Field Maps with published feature layers directly from Enterprise GDB (not hosted service).

Is this normal? We are using ArcGIS Enterprise10.9.1.

It sucks... make Field Maps pretty much useless.

Any ways to bypass this? 

Thanks a lot,

Reno

0 Kudos
20 Replies
AbiDhakal

Hey Reno,

@rsun_TQB I'm struggling with my default values. the default values do not stick in Web Map or Field Map. Would you please be able to help me out. I'll really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@rsun_TQB 
Here is my email address: abi.dhakal@forestry.alabama.gov

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

Hey Keith,

It was very encouraging reading your post. I'm also trying to achieve a similar goal. Will it be possible to get your email contact so I can directly communicate with you as there are things I'm not understanding in your post. If the work around you suggest does the trick then it would help me big

Thank you for your consideration.
Abi

0 Kudos
AaronCole1
Occasional Contributor

This! 100%. Went back through the feature template in ArcGIS Pro, even with existing default values. Changed them. Changed them back. They turned gray. Saved. Republished. Problem solved. Thank you!

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@tkeith1106 

Hey Keith,

I'm struggling with the same issue and I'm not totally understanding the resolution you provide. would you please be able to help me out. Here is my email address: abi.dhakal@forestry.alabama.gov

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@tkeith1106 Thank you for your awesome help Keith. It seems to be working. I have not finished the project yet, but the initial tests were promising. I feel special receiving your email and having the opportunity to communicate with you.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
AaronCole1
Occasional Contributor

@AbiDhakal You have to make sure that your feature templates are going to propagate.  In the Attributes tab of the Template Properties window for the feature layer you are going to publish (Manage Templates > Properties > Attributes), if the little bar on the left side is blue, the default value will NOT propagate to Field Maps. You have to change the value, change it back, and then Save. Then it will show up gray and propagate through to the registered feature layer.

AbiDhakal

@AaronCole1  I will try and let you know. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@AaronCole1 I'm able to make the feature attribute propagate. Thank you for your awesome help!

Abi

0 Kudos
AaronCole1
Occasional Contributor

Happy to help, but that was all @tkeith1106! Happy to hear you have it sorted!