Select to view content in your preferred language

Data points being sent to a different map on the wrong layer?

01-23-2024 11:54 AM
SavannahTruan
New Contributor

We are a research facility that maps individual lots of individual points as a part of our research, and we are currently having an issue where Field Maps allows us to create forms, collect points, do everything we need to do except for the fact that as soon as a point is created on the map, it shows up for a second on the point layer that we collected it on, and then disappears. It is then not visible on the map or in the attribute table of the layer, but instead shows up on an entirely separate layer on an entirely separate map. Upon realizing this, we deleted that layer to see if it would display correctly but no dice. Then we deleted all of our maps that contained that layer in case they were somehow linked and that's why the points were disappearing, but alas this is still not solving our problem. Now we don't know where our points are disappearing to, and we are at a loss. 

I am new to the team and very new to using GIS software and no one on our team has strong GIS experience. Previously our collection workflow was using ArcPad but now that we have been forcefully upgraded to ArcPro and Field Maps and have all new collection equipment, no one is sure how to transition to the new ways of doing things. We are using a Trimble TDC600 Handheld and a Trimble DA2 antenna with Catalyst to collect data, and we are able to successfully collect data in TerraFlex. We also tested this issue on mobile devices and the TDC600 to see if it was a hardware issue, but it persists no matter what collection device is used. 

I'm sure there are things that we just are missing and do not know how to solve because we do not have the expertise, and unfortunately our internal technical support team has not proven to be useful either so we are turning to forums seeking help. 

Any advice, troubleshooting, or further education on this would be greatly appreciated!! I can answer any clarifying questions to the best of my ability.  

0 Kudos
0 Replies