Created Smart Forms for Layers and Tables causes submit button to gray out in ArcGIS Field Maps

02-25-2021 06:26 AM
CarlVricella
New Contributor III

For some reason if you configure a smart form for a layer or table on an editable layer, the submit button will be grayed out and you can't actually submit the form when using Field Maps...if you just use the regular pop-up it all works fine, but as soon as you do a smart form it the button will be grayed out. 

I know all my layers are configured properly so I'm certain this is a bug unless I'm missing something, anyone else have an issue with this? 

Tags (1)
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you using ArcGIS Enterprise on AGOL?

There was a bug in the initial release of the web app that allowed geometry fields like "Shape__Area" in the form. In some cases this field was required but also not editable which lead to the behavior you describe. This was patched in AGOL and a new setup was hosted for Enterprise 10.8.1. Does any of this apply to your forms?

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

I have the same problem. The web map is on AGOL (using WEb map Beta). My layer is on my Standalone ArcGIS Server 10.8. In my form, I have a few fields set as read-only and a few fields flagged as required.  If I  try to edit the information in Web Map Beta, I can UPDATE my edits, but on the mobile app (Field Maps on iPhone 12 pro) I can't submit my edits.

Another issue I have is that one of the fields is a DATE field and I don't have to option to select "today"... So updating a value that is 08/12/2017 requires ALOT of scrolling 😞

Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DominicRoberge2would you be able to share access to your map and layers? If so, can you create a group, share the maps and layers into the group and then add the arcgisfieldmaps user to the group. If your services are secured, you can DM me credentials if permitted. This will be the fastest way to debug the issue and we may be able to address it before our next release.

The issue with missing the "Today" option is already fixed internally and will be available in the next update in late March.

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Aaron

Done, I added your user to our ESRI test group, the web map is Ames Valves Spin Doctor Project V3 WMB and the layer with the form is Active Valves. Let me know if you need further info. Thanks for looking into this.

D

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can reproduce this with your map; I opened an issue for our team to look into. Please keep the map and layers shared with the group.

JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

@Anonymous User...I am also experiencing the same issue where having a smart form disables the submit button.  In my case all of my data resides in AGO.  I have created a group and invited the user arcgisfieldmaps.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@JimWI see your two maps but it looks like neither map has a form in it. Can you check?

0 Kudos
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

@Anonymous User Should be all set.  The map with Smart Form should have the smart form, created by  converting the pop-up and the No Smart Form does not. Let me know again if there are problems because I found I needed to refresh my browser in order to see things configured correctly.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I can reproduce it on iOS. Please keep it shared until we investigate and fix it internally.

0 Kudos