Select to view content in your preferred language

Change symbology of ESRI global layers when displayed in FieldMaps

08-11-2023 08:33 AM
TobyJacobs2
New Contributor II

Hi - 

I'm using ESRI's global "Terrain: Slope Map" in FieldMaps, and I want to try to change the symbology. I can do it easily in ArcGIS Online but I don't see a way to do it in or for FieldMaps.

Specifically, I want to set it so that the highest slope category shows slopes 50 degrees and higher (rather than 31 and higher which is the default). It would also be ideal to set the color on lower values to null so that the only thing that shows on the map are those super-high-slope areas.

Can it be done?

Thanks,

Toby 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi Toby,

Good afternoon. You said you were able to change the symbology in ArcGIS Online, but not in Field Maps. When you open the map with that layer with your updated symbology in Field Maps, is it showing the default symbology? What issue(s) are you seeing in Field Maps?

Kerri

0 Kudos
TobyJacobs2
New Contributor II

Hi Kerri, 

Thanks for the reply, and yes I'm still seeing the default symbology even when I open the map in which I altered the symbology in AGOL. It seems that the changes don't carry over to FieldMaps for these global layers - at least not without some secret step of which I'm not yet aware...

0 Kudos
TobyJacobs2
New Contributor II

Interestingly, I just noticed that the preview thumbnail on the FieldMaps start screen does show the correct symbology, but it's back to the default when I open the map

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

I did some testing and some digging, changing the symbology of image layers is not currently supported in ArcGIS Field Maps. It is a known limitation of the runtime, but please check back on upcoming releases of Field Maps for updates.

0 Kudos