Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I configure a related table popup such that it shows more than one attribute for each record?

Jump to solution
06-28-2024 01:17 AM
vegmap
by
New Contributor

In fieldmaps, when I view a related table's pop up, I would like to see more than one attribute for each record. See a screenshot of a related table popup below, with some mark-up to explain what I'd like to see:

vegmap_0-1719562575918.png

Is something like this achievable?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi @vegmap ,

You can actually achieve what you're describing by configuring a title on the related table when you are setting up the map in Map Viewer. The list that is presented in the related records view shows the title of each popup for the record, so if you use field substitution to bring fields into the title, whatever you configure will show up in that list.

I hope that helps!

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes and no. In that specific popup of the related table itself, you only see the configured display field for records in that table.

If you wanted to show multiple attributes for that table on the main popup for the clicked feature, you can do that with an Arcade popup element. Might look like this:

var names = FeatureSetByRelationShipName(
  $feature,
  'relname',
  ['name', 'number', 'attribute']
)

// use a list of names to build inner HTML
var name_list = []
for (var n in names) {
  Push(
    name_list,
    `<tr><td>${n['name']}</td><td>${n['number']}</td><td>${n['attribute']}</td></tr>`
  )
}

// build full HTML
var tableHTML = `<table>
${Concatenate(name_list, ' ')}
</table>`

return {
  type: text,
  text: tableHTML
}

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi @vegmap ,

You can actually achieve what you're describing by configuring a title on the related table when you are setting up the map in Map Viewer. The list that is presented in the related records view shows the title of each popup for the record, so if you use field substitution to bring fields into the title, whatever you configure will show up in that list.

I hope that helps!

Chris

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds
Frequent Contributor

Yup. You could use the pipe symbol ("|") as your separator that may look like the following:

JustinReynolds_0-1719588265967.png

JustinReynolds_1-1719588330080.jpeg

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
vegmap
by
New Contributor

Fantastic info! Thanks all!

0 Kudos