Field Maps allowing multipart geometry?

06-28-2022 10:19 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have posted on this in the past but never got an answer.  I always assumed multipart support is long gone.  But today I had a user that managed to create a polygon with 3 distinct, not connected, parts.  I have been trying to recreate it but I cannot.  I do however seem to be able to create multipart something according to Pro.

If a use a combo of adding points manually and streaming I can make some crazy shapes.  It seems to let me do anything.

DougBrowning_2-1656436685549.png

Looking at this shape in Pro it has 5 "Parts" listed.  Not sure where it is getting this?

DougBrowning_1-1656436611567.png

Actually designed this project to simulate multipart since I thought it was not supported.  I posted a few times on it and never got a response.  I personally do not want to use multipart since the long term storage and calculations can be a nightmare.  I have dug in the help a few times and see no mention of it.

Would love to hear any ideas.  Still not sure how the user got 3 in there.  They were using streaming in Field Maps.

Thanks

2 Replies
DamianSmith
New Contributor III

I could really use multi-part support in field maps. I use it for mapping prescribed fire and wildfires. The ability to capture what actually burned as a single polygon feature would be very useful 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Bump to see what has changed or any info 2 years later.  thanks

0 Kudos