Best practice for editing contingent values

Jump to solution
05-22-2022 05:59 AM
MikeFiguray
New Contributor III

Hello, 

What would be the best practice currently for updating contingent values on a hosted feature service? I missed a contingent value in a project I'm working on, and I need to get it in the project.

In ArcGIS Pro, when I open from the portal or download the ".pitemx file" from the item details page, the contingent values tool is read only and I am unable to update.

If I Download the FGDB into Pro, the existing contingent values no longer exist. I'm also worried that if I recreate the contingent values in Pro and overwrite the feature service, I'll need to start from scratch on the smart forms which is far from ideal.

Is there a way to use ArcGIS Online Assistant or some other online tool to update existing contingent values, or do I just need to bite the bullet and overwrite the existing layer?

Thanks for any info!
Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinReynolds
Occasional Contributor III

I think you will have to republish the service since the contingent values are managed server side.  However, you do have options on how to preserve the form.  Here is a link to a blog that provides some details on that.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/duplicate-maps-and-forms-for-use...

- Justin Reynolds, PE

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JustinReynolds
Occasional Contributor III

I think you will have to republish the service since the contingent values are managed server side.  However, you do have options on how to preserve the form.  Here is a link to a blog that provides some details on that.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/duplicate-maps-and-forms-for-use...

- Justin Reynolds, PE
MikeFiguray
New Contributor III

Thanks Justin! That helps a lot! Was really hoping not to rebuild the form! I think I remember reading that editing conditional values and attribute rules will be coming to AGOL relatively soon too, so that will be nice.

Thank you,
Mike

KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @MikeFiguray and @JustinReynolds 

There is a known issue with ArcGIS Online regarding the contingent value definitions not being added to the exported File GDB from the hosted feature service. Therefore once that gets addressed, that workflow should work successfully.

Thank you

-Kevin