Select to view content in your preferred language

Auto input current date Field maps forms

05-12-2021 10:54 AM
LouiseHarris1
Regular Contributor

Is it possible to set the date to automatically enter the current date in Field Maps form? I have tried using these expressions, now() and today() but you still have to click into the field and select the date from a calendar that appears.

15 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh I have to use Classic map still since no related tables yet.  Also they have tables in a diff spot then feature layers which is just plain weird.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
rachelm
Regular Contributor

I'm using Field Maps in the new map viewer, and I have to enter in the date as text (no calendar box opens). I tried the trick above (allow nulls, leave blank, required) but the result is still empty. Any tips? @CBeck17 

Curiously when I set a different field (Name) to equal the Creator, a new feature saves without any value. But when I Edit the same feature, suddenly the Name is populated properly. 

0 Kudos
Krocha
by
Regular Contributor

I was also looking for an answer to this. I know this is possible through survey 123. It would be great if it was also for field maps forms. Survey123 has more capabilities. 

0 Kudos
KylaW
by
New Contributor

I field maps designer you can add the calculated date to the field. In the form, select the field to open the properties. All the way at the bottom is the option to calculate a value.

KylaWorkun1_0-1686768653940.png

SilviaEspinosa
Emerging Contributor

this has worked for me, thanks!

0 Kudos
ThomasHusmann
New Contributor

When I manually typed in now() I had problems. When I went to the (fx) expression search and clicked on the option for now() it worked. 

0 Kudos