ArcGIS Field Maps & Pull Data

02-16-2022 10:29 AM
JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

I've just started down my journey of employing ArcGIS Field Maps for our meter inventory crew.  I've been able to successfully connect notifications via Integromat and include barcoding functions.  Configuring webhooks in Integromat was challenging but it is working quite well.  I've employed both the webhook and barcode functionality that was present in our Survey123 apps successfully but there is one component that seems to elude me that I would like to use in Field Maps.  Finally my question...

Can ArcGIS Field Maps use the "pull data" function to populate fields based on a barcode scan event from a previous question/field?

Thank you and have a great day!

Jeff

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@JD1016  The team is actively working on form calculations which are fairly equivalent with pullData. Consider joining the Early Adopter Community - an update is planned soon which will provide access to form calculations. Barcode scanning to populate the form is one of the targeted use-cases so it'd be great if you can give it a spin when it's ready for testing.

Configuring webhooks in Integromat was challenging but it is working quite well.

What did you find challenging? Are you using the Field Maps Integromat app?

JD1016
by

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for responding to my post.  Do you have a timeline in mind for this update?  That would be the last missing piece for me on utilizing Field Maps for our workflow.

I am using the Field Maps Integromat component.  The challenging part is that I must go through Gmail Restricted as a middle delivery agent for the "Send an Email" module connected to Field Maps in Integromat.  My IT lead is not comfortable having notifications coming straight through to Outlook 365 and prefers it going through, coming from, Gmail instead.  The process of configuring Gmail Restricted is quite involved but doable. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The beta update is hopefully going out this week. The full functionality of form calculations is planned for our release in mid-to-late March.

JD1016
by

That's great to hear!  Thank you!  I would definitely like to join the Early Adopter Community.  Thank you for passing along the link.

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Aaron,

Is their documentation available that shows how to set-up Field Maps and Integromat to deliver a copy of the smart form report as an attachment to an email?

It was possible to do this in Survey123 because it had a Create Report function and I was able to run it through HTTP Get a File in the scenario.

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no reporting service for ArcGIS forms. You might be able to use the API that Survey123 provides. It looks like the survey is optional and it just needs the template and feature layer. I have not tried it before.

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

I've attached a screenshot of what I am seeing in Integromat.  I've added the Survey123 Create Report module.  It appears the only option is to enable "map" but I am at a loss on what to select from the offerings to the right.  It is accessing my forms from ArcGIS Field Maps, which is good, but regardless of what I choose it will not load the data.  Is there something that I am missing or not selecting correctly?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh you'd have to make the HTTP request(s) yourself to their APIs (which might be complicated). I don't think you'll be able to directly use the Survey123 reporting module.

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Yes...exactly.  That's what I ended up doing for the Survey123 workflow.  I've attached a screenshot of that scenario.  Unfortunately, it's not quite that easy because it is looking for a URL that is not within Field Maps like it is in Survey123.

0 Kudos