App functionality Matrix 2021

07-14-2021 03:59 PM
llsilva
New Contributor II

App functionality Matrix 2021

Is there an updated matrix (2021) that compares functionality between Field Maps, Survey123, and Quick Capture?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @llsilva,

Is there an updated matrix (2021) that compares functionality between Field Maps, Survey123, and Quick Capture?

We don't have such a document, because the 3 apps are designed to serve different business workflows. Yes, there may be some functional overlap, but they are not really directly comparable. It really depends on what you want to do in terms of workflows.

ArcGIS Field Maps enables you to view maps and data, share worker location, and perform asset inspection and data collection activities. It should be used to support map-centric workflows.

ArcGIS Survey123 is a sophisticated and user-friendly form-centric digital survey solution that modernizes paper-based data collection. With Survey123, you can

• Create smart forms with skip logic, data validation, and multilingual support
  • Collect data via web or mobile devices – even when disconnected from the Internet
  • Analyze results quickly and upload data securely for further analysis

ArcGIS QuickCapture is an app that allows you to capture field observations at speed (like from a moving vehicle) with a simple button click or via voice command.

Did you have a specific question you wanted to compare between them in mind?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
llsilva
New Contributor II
Thanks for responding to my question. I am familiar with all of these apps, what I am looking for is really a functionality list of each app. I can make a matrix for them.
The reason is, is we have a BLM app (S1) for the Department of Interior forestry group (and anyone else at DOI that needs it) that is developed like the field map app, I am not the developer, I believe they use the SDK runtime and developer tools over using Field map directly because of Department reasons that can't be public and has to be uploading to our own GDB (sink and submit).
What we need is to see how the S1 functionality matches what's in Field maps, similar tools to Survey123 and Quick Capture. We want to make sure we are as close to field maps as possible and have the extra needed functionality that the DOI needs.
So in short, could you please help me with a list of functionality of each of these apps?
Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it!
Lisa
0 Kudos
llsilva
New Contributor II

fyi --Funny, Sink and Submit-->Sync and Submit

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @llsilva,

Thanks for the additional context.

> ... what I am looking for is really a functionality list of each app. I can make a matrix for them.

Please review the online help documentation for each app, so you can understand what's possible with each app. You can access their help doc here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/ 

To help get you started (these points are off the top of my head and not a complete list),

ArcGIS Field Maps:

- Find and open public maps
- Find and open maps shared within org
- Markup maps
- Capture/Inspect features
- Prepare maps using ArcGIS Online
- Enable simple smart forms
- Capture and share location tracks

ArcGIS Survey123:

- Author simple and complex smart forms
- Publish web and mobile forms
- Provides analysis of collected data