View Attribute Tables in Field Maps

05-09-2022 10:10 AM
Labels (2)
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

I would like to be able to see the attribute table of my feature classes during field collection.

The reason for this is to more easily find features after collecting them, especially if they were collected by someone else and you're trying to re-find them.

Another advantage is being able to see all the records at once is that it'd be easier to see where data was missing or incorrect, allowing some QA before leaving the field.

I previously asked about this capability for Collector here: Viewing attribute table while in Collector - Esri Community

and someone else asked about it for FieldMaps here: Show Attribute table on iPads Field Maps App - Esri Community

Tags (3)
10 Comments
AnthonyJonesRSK

This would be a great addition. Allowing our surveyors to see all the features on the map in a table list by status would really make surveying easier.

MHolmquist

Our department has also been asked for this capability, so far it seems like Survey123 only allows you to see the previous entries for a certain record of a related table, so that the survey is automatically popullated with the number of counts of waterfowl recorded for one location, for example, but that's as far as the functionality will allow. There is a way to hack the Excel spreadsheet to show the records just previously collected, but one must know in advance approximately how many records will be collected beforehand. Being able to see the attribute table and edit within it would go a long way to convincing our field workers that this is a better system than using their ancient field collection software and then delivering us a spreadsheet. 

JillHalchin

Yes, please.  I was thinking about this very thing a couple of days ago.  We could really use it for QAQC, navigation and filling in information that may not be available at the time the data was collected.  

djones_nifc

Yes please

BenAnderson2

It is amazing this is not a feature already. 

ZachAnderson2

Agreed. Would love to see this implemented. 

cbp-geus

This is basically something you expect to be able to do when handling a simple feature layer with various  collected informations and being able to sort values by their various columns to get an overview.

qz
by

Qfield etc is gonna eat y'alls lunch on stuff like this. ESRI is banking on all the cushy stable income it gets from countless US companies governments and universities continuing to pay for its suite but what happens when people get fed up with the "you don't need this feature because you wouldn't use it properly" mentality that ESRI seem's to have

Y_Chau
by

I can imagine this being done in a separate page like Trimble TerraSync. The attribute table opens in a new page / tab and allows users to select / zoom to a particular record.

City_of_Edgewater__Fl_GIS_Div_

I'm looking for this cabaility as well, has it been implemented?