Select to view content in your preferred language

Store Previous Recurring Values in Field Maps forms

01-30-2023 07:09 AM
DougC
by
Occasional Contributor

I know that some mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android both can hang on to previous values in form entries (a default function of the OS). However, this very variable and certainly does not happen consistently.

I would like to offer the user at least up to 5 of the last values entered into a field.  For example, they may need to start a new site plan which means that site name does not exist in the database yet (and they are offline). As there are multiple (smart) forms for a site, it would be good that in each form, as they place a new feature, it can present to the user one of the last entries as there would be a fair bit of repetition.

Even if it consistently knew just the last entry for every field would be of great benefit to my users.

2 Comments
cbp-geus

Agree on this. Our field geologists keep asking for this option for previous entered values, instead of they have to duplicate a previous point with attributes. This would be an all-around doable solution.

Mapscape-tree-management

Also agree with this, as it would of great help, if instead of bringing in the same field data in Field Maps, using notepad or clipboard to input into the same field e.g. site address and job number; the Recurring Values worked across all webforms without time limits and stored up to a minimum of 5 entries. This would be of great value.