Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter Data In Field Maps

05-09-2022 11:12 AM
Labels (1)
pjdohertygis
New Contributor III

Update: Implemented! Thank you Esri.

Doc: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/latest/prepare-maps/configure-the-map.htm#ESRI_SECTION2_D4A1D89... 

Real-World Problem: Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Forces need to be able to collaborate with other teams sharing one common map. However there are times when they want to see just the data collected by their own Task Force or by a certain date. 

Technical Problem: There is no way for the end user to filter Field Maps. This means the map author needs to create separate feature layer views for every possible scenario (impossible). 

Solution: Allow the Field Map author to setup predesignated filter options like you can in Web AppBuilder or Experience Builder. Then the end-user should be able to just click on a filter button and choose how to filter (eg Date, Team, User, etc). It could just be a option in the tools dropdown.

5FF4E6A5-EC2B-4E27-9201-62919B0AEEAE.png

@JeffShaner 

17 Comments
ArmstKP

@JustinReynolds Thank you for the direction!

ArmstKP

Filters are only available on text fields.  That is great, but also disappointing...

JoFlo
by

I second the above comment.  Filtering on date field is what we need!

KrzysztofLadny

what about using filter functionality on a dataset that has already applied filters. looks like it is not working. 

to describe it better:  i have a filters applied ( Mobile map level) to a dataset to show features ( polygons) that are related to specific team of surveyors - filter looks like "team = X and status =Y or team = X and status =Z" - this filtered dataset is used in Field Maps app (FMa) dedicated to team X... so far so good.  but if a user of FMa would like to filter by a specific surveyor ("surveyor = AB", a text field) it is not bringing any results back 😕  Is it because my dataset is already filtered and those 2 filter statements are not adding up properly in Field Maps? 

RamaRaomalisetti

In my Enterprise 11.0 version  , Still i am not seeing the layer filtering, So any other ways to do the layer filter. 

ColinDRioux

When is layer filtering going to be available??

pjdohertygis

@ColinDRioux at least in ArcGIS Online this is now available and we are using it. It works well! Next we need date filtering….

See doc: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/latest/prepare-maps/configure-the-map.htm#ESRI_SECTION2_D4A1D89...