Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps should automaticly log off unactive user

05-10-2023 04:40 AM
Labels (1)
JessicaPettersson
New Contributor II

For security reasons Field Maps and all apps in ArcGIS Online should log off the user after a certain time of unactivity, say 1 hour. If you loose your phone and don´t have locked the screen the risk of unauthorized access to map data is reduced.

A benefit is also that users can´t stay loged on forever and miss updates in maps or login policy.

4 Comments
pjdohertygis
I can see this being important in some situations but for others extremely problematic. Perhaps it could be optional?
JessicaPettersson

@pjdohertygis Yes optional is probably the best. Admins should be able to handle this in some way.

L77
by

This wouldn't be good for most of my staff because they are not good with technology as it is and it may cause them to avoid using the app altogether. 

It would be good as an administration setting someone could setup in user settings because I can understand that this would be needed for other organizations that are not like mine.

mattkramer

This would be very useful for me and my staff. We have multiple iPads and GPS units that are shared by multiple teams during the week. These teams do not remember to sign out at the end of the day, and we have many teams going out and collecting information logged in as the previous user. This creates many issues with sharing, as not all maps are shared with each user, and it also makes it very difficult to track down who is doing the work each day.