Customize Smart Form Appearance like color or text. (Field Maps)

04-07-2022 11:34 AM
Labels (2)
OliverSandoval_p
New Contributor III

I think it would be cool to customize the appearance of smart forms with text color, background color, border colors. If you have highly customized html popups for different feature classes in a web map, being able to have a smart form that is color coordinated with the feature theme (popups, symbology) would be awesome for field workers. 

8 Comments
fklotz
by

This would not only be cool, but it would also help to collect better data by highlighting specific related fields, groups of fields, or instructional information.  For example, I have a conditional group which shows up if there is a specific error in the data entry.  I want that to be highlighted in red text.  Currently I can only choose to do things like make it ALL CAPS to try to make it highlighted.

Also, colors can help differentiate sections of forms especially on long forms.

MiltonSolano

I agree with having this functionality. Colors are used to indicate users which field are important, which ones are read-only or other visual cues.

GaetanPRU

Great idea, it could be useful to add some accessibility options too and help people see fields and text.

LeilaJackson1

Agreed - This would be very useful. I have pulled the form into Experience Builder, and when you use the Dark Theme in EB, the group titles are barely visible. Having the ability to customize how group and attribute names appear, and even response would be very useful.

JessicaShue

Any updates on this? I can find some examples of Arcade code using <CLR></CLR> to set colors in ArcGIS Pro, but this doesn't work within Field Maps.

Specifically, I'm trying to write an IIF statement with the resulting value showing a color. I've attempted to adapt this, and also this (realizing they are both for ArcGIS Pro), but without any luck. 

As others have mentioned, this would alert the field crew to an error while collecting the data that can be fixed in real time.

Scott_Gowan

Absolutely essential when in the field.  The default light grey is too difficult to see in outdoors with reflection off a device's screen.  At the very least the default colour should be changed to a darker grey for more contrast.

GuyWeerasingheAFF

Supportive of this and wondering if this request has been explored by ESRI for a future enhancement?

KansasDASC

This is exactly what we're looking to do, so I fully support dev around this. We'd like to highlight form elements for field workers based on a previous answer. For example, if they entered an integer that's valid, but outside of a normal range based on the previous question's answer, then highlight the current question red.