Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Map Area Failed

07-26-2023 08:38 AM
Labels (1)
JoeySiemensKFL
New Contributor II

Packages FAILED. Okay, now what??? Can ESRI please start providing more information that helps the user to understand why the process failed, and how to fix the issue. Instead of just saying that it failed or that there is a sync error. Like, honestly, help us out already with all these useless error messages that don't tell us anything useful on how to fix the issue.

3 Comments
TeoBicchieri

Feel this right now... I am having a similar issue with offline packages failing but no idea where to start on a fix. Watching this thread for some answers ^

KenBuja

I came across this recently, with a web map that contained a hosted feature view layer. I had to remove that layer and create a new view layer before I could successfully create a map area. I had to figure this out by trial-and-error to figure out what layer was causing the problem.

JoeySiemensKFL

I have found that quite often I will have to go through layer by layer on my web map to see if everything is properly configured for offline mode including Sync. This means that every feature service including any attached tables that I have published are registered as non-versioned and that archiving is enabled on the datasets. But, most of the time, it is not always this simple a fix.