Select to view content in your preferred language

Ability to download data offline that are versioned with 'move edits to base' option checked

12-11-2023 01:03 PM
Labels (1)
BlueSky17
Emerging Contributor

So, I have spent quite a significant time figuring out on how to sync a data layer in my enterprise database with the edits the field workers do out in a field. And once I figure it out, the entire procedure is absolutely flawless and I really like it. I like that the guys in a field make changes (including taking pictures) to my data layer and I can see it right away in my enterprise database while sitting in the office. Brilliant!

The data layer is versioned with an option 'move edits to base' checked. 

Anyway, my excitement was a bit short lived when I found out that I can't take this data layer offline. I am ok with a fact that I can't edit this data layer offline but c'mon I should be able to at least  view it while offline.

So, please make the versioned data layer with an option 'move edits to base' checked viewable in offline mode. I appreciate it!

Thanks.

3 Comments
DougBrowning

When you go offline it creates a offline replica so it will always need to be versioned.  If you just make the one default version and leave that box unchecked you won't really notice too much different.  Just in SQL world you need to always use the _evw views.  Then run a maintenance script every so often to compress and rebuild indexes which is good practice anyway.

BlueSky17

@DougBrowning 

Hi Doug, thanks for a reply. The box needs to be checked otherwise I would have to be a 'middle man' and keep reconciling and posting the versions. When you keep the box checked then the edits (from multiple people) go straight to my default version of the enterprise database. 

When the box on the versioned data is checked to move edits to base, you can't take the data offline. And this is what the issue is.

DougBrowning

If you have just one version no need to rec and post.  I think you are thinking of it as multiple versions.  If you have just the default it all works fine.  In the raw SQL or SDE just make sure to use the _evw views.  I would make a copy and test and you will see what I mean.