Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with version 17.1

07-11-2017 02:46 PM
MarkStelzel
Regular Contributor

I've encountered two major issues with the new version:

1. Identifying features doesn't work. When I click on a feature to open the attribute pane, the field names are all displayed but none of the attribute values. 

2. My organization's web mercator projected ortho basemap will not display.

Not a "problem", but the removal of the magnifying glass is a step backwards.

Edit: Please disregard problem #2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
79 Replies
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Darren,

We are currently certifying a fix for these issues and should have something on TestFlight and eventually in the app store by the end of the week (best case scenario) or early next.

-Brent

0 Kudos
DarrenHaag
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RobbHodges
Frequent Contributor

Just installed the 17.1.2 beta....looks like all of the issues that we had with the original are working now. I'm looking forward to this getting to the app store soon!

BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

That's great news Robb and thanks for your patience. We are working with Apple on the review and hope to have it live in the app store in a couple days.

For some more context for others:

We have released a build Explorer 17.1.2 on TestFlight which addresses the following issues:

• BUG-000106480 —Pop-ups are not consistently displaying values when the field alias is different from the field name.
  • BUG-000106814 —Configuring custom attribute display to show multiple fields returns nothing.
  • BUG-000107080 —Attachments don’t display for map service layers.
  • Feature search can fail when searching integer fields using the equals operator.
  • If the request for an OAUTH page fails when signing in, show a message instead of a white screen.

Please note we have not fixed 

• BUG-000106721 — Adding shapefiles enabled for z-values but not containing any into a map stops the map from loading. The error message displayed is The shape must have a Z value.

But this fix should be in a beta build which should be ready in a day or two.

If you want to participate in the Beta just email explorer4arcgis@esri.com with your contact info.

As always your patience is greatly appreciated and any feedback is always encouraged,

-Brent

0 Kudos
RobertHarris5
Regular Contributor

Just tested the 3 above bug fixes in the 17.1.2 beta version. No issues here, they look to be resolved. Looking forward for the app store update!

DarrenHaag
Occasional Contributor

I did a preliminary test. Attachments were working.  When the field name matched the alias, the domain description came through.  When the field name and alias were different, the domain code came through, but not the domain description.  When i get back to the office i can do a more thorough test to see if that is something on our end.

0 Kudos
MarkStelzel
Regular Contributor

Pop-ups are now displaying attributes for fields with aliases differing from the field name. 

I'm still seeing some other problems. I'm not sure what has or hasn't been discussed in the thread so I'll mention all of them.

- We have AGOL configured to use custom geocoders. Searching in the app always returns "No results found."

- I still have two layers that don't work in the app. They display a yellow triangle and "!" where I would normally toggle them on/off. "The request timed out." displays below the layer name. These layers worked fine previously and still do in AGOL webmaps. The layers are a map service registered to AGOL with filters placed on them at the web map level. 

- In the "Media" section of the popup, we have configured an image/hyperlink to a web accessible document. This isn't working. Instead, I see "Unable to load image". There is no hyperlink to touch/click. 

- The custom web mercator projected basemap we have configured is either extremely slow or simply not working.

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. We would like to help you with these issues I sent you an email with some follow on questions. I will re-sum here after we get to the bottom of these webmap issues.

Thanks,

-Brent

BryceBeyers
Emerging Contributor

Is anyone still seeing issues with Explorer after the last update (17.1.2)? I currently have a feature that is joined. After the first update I could click on the feature and the pop-up would appear, but it would not have any attribute info. After the latest update the pop-up will not even open, even though pop-ups are enabled. This feature also has related tables but they also don't seem to want to show up. I've tried publishing without the join and the pop-up will then work but the related tables still seem to be an issue. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
MichaelHamrick2
Emerging Contributor

I am still seeing the same issues.

0 Kudos