Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with version 17.1

07-11-2017 02:46 PM
MarkStelzel
Regular Contributor

I've encountered two major issues with the new version:

1. Identifying features doesn't work. When I click on a feature to open the attribute pane, the field names are all displayed but none of the attribute values. 

2. My organization's web mercator projected ortho basemap will not display.

Not a "problem", but the removal of the magnifying glass is a step backwards.

Edit: Please disregard problem #2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
79 Replies
MarkStelzel
Regular Contributor

0 Kudos
MarkStelzel
Regular Contributor

Heather, 17.1.1 does not appear to have resolved this for me. 

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark

Unfortunately we have not been able to get this one fixed yet.

Your issue is the one that many folks are running into, and it maps to this Bug # below.

• BUG-000106480—Pop-ups for map services are not consistently displaying values when the field alias is different from the field name. 
We tried to get a fix for this into 17.1.1, but could only get a partial fix for map services hosted on ArcGIS Server 10.5 or later, and we didn't have a fix for earlier versions of ArcGIS Server. We have decided to wait and make sure we fix this the right way, which unfortunately involves taking a bit longer. In the meantime, you can try one of the following workarounds:
  • Republish your service so that the field names and field aliases match.

We are actively on this one, and will continue doggedly until we get it right.
I will keep you posted, but if wondering about our progress, feel free to reply. I am watching this thread and will reply with updates.
Heather
0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

All,

First of all thanks for the feedback! I can personally say that the team takes this feedback seriously and is working hard to address the problems which the 17.1.0 release introduced. More specifically, we are working on a 17.1.1 release as you read this which will address some of the more common issues. These issues include:

- the inability to see certain attribute fields in a popup when they are served from an ArcGIS Server service

- the inability to toggle the visibility of sublayers. 

- This build will also address some issues with URL schemes when they are included in the popup custom attribute description. 

With respect to some other feedback we heard at the User Conference and via other channels regarding some functional changes we are considering the following in a release after 17.1.1:

- Add groups to the browsing experience

- Bringing back the magnifier

- Research into the identify of map service layers and webmap opening speeds

- Drop pin behavior

- Allowing one to share a map with others in the organization

Timeline for the 17.1.1 release:

We want to keep the 17.1.1 release focused on the crucial issues you have reported which I mentioned above. If we do this, we "should" be able to have a release available in the coming week (possibly 2 weeks if the Apple review process is slow). We will be having a very short Beta for these changes and that will be available much quicker, If you want to participate in this beta please email Explorer4ArcGIS@esri.com

Please keep your feedback coming as the team will react to this as fast as possible.

Thanks,

-Brent

HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Topic: WORKAROUNDS:

I wanted to make sure you are all aware of some possible workarounds to issues with the Popups - both where some values are not being presented in the popup, and the case where the feature attachments is not showing up.

Workaround for the Attachments bug: 

Add the Feature Service to the map instead of the Map Service. The attachments will be accessible. Note, we are investigating this issue. 

This workaround will also resolve the Popup issue as well (see below for more details)

Workarounds for the Popups field values bug:

The following are possible workarounds to the popup bug. Hopefully if this issue is disrupting your daily work, one of these will work for you. This bug is specific to ArcGIS Server Map Services where the field alias does not match the field name.

1) Add the layer to the map via the FeatureServer endpoint instead. 

OR

2) Add the layer to the map via the full URL to the map service layer as opposed to the root map service layer

i.e.

will work:  https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Wildfire/MapServer/0

will encounter bug: https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Wildfire/MapServer/

3) Republish your map server such that the field aliases match the field names

OR

We are continuing to work on the update - but perhaps these workarounds will help a few of you through the interim time.

Thanks,

Heather

JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

All,

As mentioned above by Brent Pierce‌, we are preparing a 17.1.1 update that addresses a number of issues that have been reported (not all) and would really appreciate your feedback. We are submitting our update to Apple right now. 

Our plan is to provide a Test Flight build to those that email Explorer4ArcGIS@esri.com. We already have a working list so please add yourself to it if you have not done so already and would like to test ahead of release - we would like your validation on these issues if possible.

In the interest of time, we are submitting our 17.1.1 update for release as well and will make it available as soon as possible.

Here is the working list of issues addressed within the 17.1.1 update:
- Cannot see or edit visibility of sublayers in Layers list
- (BUG-000106698) Webmap Search Settings not honored
- Ranking should return features as top result on search
- Maps: Sort by Date is putting oldest maps at the top
- (BUG-000106480) Workaround for Popup Details not showing for 10.5 and 10.5.1 services
- Takes long time to drop a pin with slow rendering layers enabled
- Sort by Title: Should not be case sensitive
- IWA portal URLs not being added to the recent portal URL list on the portal Sign in screen
- (BUG-000106478, BUG-000106507) URLS not clickable in Popup
- Version # change to 17.1.1
- (extends BUG-000106698) Disable search if Find Locations is disabled
- URL Scheme: Support box application

Thank you for your continued support.

Explorer Team

DavidHaberkorn2
New Contributor

Hi team,

thanks for the efforts. However, we are still experiencing the same issues in v 17.1.1 as introduced with v 17.1.

- pop ups for certain layers not showing

- certain layers not showing at all (exclamation mark next to layer)

All these maps, layers and popups work when opened in a browser (both PC and iOS) as well as when opened in Collector.

Thanks,

David

RobertHarris5
Regular Contributor

Yes , thank you for your efforts. Please see the results of our testing for the described bugs/issues

Software used:

ArcGIS Server 10.3.1

Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1 Non federated

Access is non-public using VPN connection.

Since this is not a public access portal, we are using Domain signed certs instead of CA certs.

Results of my testing of version 17.1.1 issues:

- Cannot see or edit visibility of sublayers in Layers list -Sublayers able to be toggled on and off successfully
- (BUG-000106698) Webmap Search Settings not honored- For BUG 000106698 I still do not see the Webmap Search settings being honored.
- Ranking should return features as top result on search - As a result of the above, features are not being returned as results. 
(In addition to this, noticing that many point features are not displaying all popup attributes defined in web map. This is for 10.3.1 services)

**Note: Attachments are also not coming through although defined and working in the web map.

-  Maps: Sort by Date is putting oldest maps at the top -Sort by Date is now putting newest maps on top

- (BUG-000106480) Workaround for Popup Details not showing for 10.5 and 10.5.1 services- 
unable to test as we are not at 10.5 yet. 
However, popups are not working consistantly for our 10.3.1 services either.

- Takes a long time to drop a pin with slow rendering layers enabled - Does not appear to be any faster. Still very slow to open map, and clicking for attributes is still very slow.

- Sort by Title: Should not be case sensitive - Appears to be working properly

- IWA portal URLs not being added to the recent portal URL list on the portal Sign in screen - 
   The most recent url is now being retained. 
   NOTE** If a user swipes the app closed, they are shown a certificate error and forced to log back in again.

- (BUG-000106478, BUG-000106507) URLS not clickable in Popup - Not Tested

- (extends BUG-000106698) Disable search if Find Locations is disabled -  Not tested

- URL Scheme: Support box application - Not tested
0 Kudos
EricPhillips3
Occasional Contributor

To clarify, is 17.1.1 available on testflight? I do not see 17.1.1 available, only 17.1.0 (1744).

0 Kudos
RobbHodges
Frequent Contributor

I had to request the 17.1.1 separately from 17.1.0. 

0 Kudos