Popups not working in updated Explorer app

Jump to solution
07-19-2017 10:10 AM
MollyShoberg1
New Contributor II

Since the Explorer app updated in June, the popups in the map are no longer working. The popup displays the fields as configured but there is no data. The popups work as expected from the web map in ArcGIS Online. Also, we have some mobile devices where the Explorer app has not yet been updated and the popups do display the data in the Explorer app version prior to the June 2017 update. 

The web map is 'St. Louis County, MN - County Land Explorer' and is open to the public and can be found in the Explorer app by searching 'St. Louis County, MN'.

Any ideas? Does the popup need to be configured differently?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

All,

We are actively working on a fix for this issue. It's a priority for us to address.  The underlying issue is related to ArcGIS Server map services where the field alias does not match the field name.

In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds that you can consider to help?

1) Republish the service such that the field aliases match the field names

OR

2) When adding the layer to the map, us the full URL to the layer ID, instead of just to the root of the map server.  

i.e. add the layer with http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/CommercialDamageAssessment/MapServer/0 , and not via the Root URL "http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/CommercialDamageAssessment/MapServer

Question for you all - what version of ArcGIS Server is hosting the services that are giving you trouble?  The fix for services on pre and post 10.5 is different, hence the question.

Thank you - we are working on getting a resolution to this issue as soon as we can!

Heather

View solution in original post

22 Replies
MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

It is a confirmed bug.  We also have the same issue as well as many others.  They are marking it as going to be fixed in a future release.  I have not gotten any information on when or what that release would be.   See discussion in https://community.esri.com/thread/198042-problems-with-version-171

MollyShoberg1
New Contributor II

Thank you Mike, I wasn't finding any other posts when I searched GeoNet. Good to know the bug has been identified and we are not the only ones having the problem. 

0 Kudos
PatKeegan
Occasional Contributor

I have same issue. This renders the app useless.

Is there a way to downgrade the application?

-Pat

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

All,

We are actively working on a fix for this issue. It's a priority for us to address.  The underlying issue is related to ArcGIS Server map services where the field alias does not match the field name.

In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds that you can consider to help?

1) Republish the service such that the field aliases match the field names

OR

2) When adding the layer to the map, us the full URL to the layer ID, instead of just to the root of the map server.  

i.e. add the layer with http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/CommercialDamageAssessment/MapServer/0 , and not via the Root URL "http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/CommercialDamageAssessment/MapServer

Question for you all - what version of ArcGIS Server is hosting the services that are giving you trouble?  The fix for services on pre and post 10.5 is different, hence the question.

Thank you - we are working on getting a resolution to this issue as soon as we can!

Heather

MollyShoberg1
New Contributor II

We are currently using 10.3 but also testing 10.5 on a separate pilot server. We expect to be finished with testing soon and upgrading our production environment to 10.5 in the next couple weeks.

0 Kudos
MollyShoberg1
New Contributor II

I tried your 2nd suggestion and it worked! It will take a while to rebuild the map this way but at least we have a fix.

Thanks!

HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Molly,

That's great.

I wanted to let you know we are working on a fix for these issues right now. Our solution is in certification and if all goes well will be available in a Beta release on test flight by early next week (possibly earlier).

If you would like to get this TestFlight update to try it out with your maps, that would be fantastic. It will give both you and us (the Explorer Team) assurances that we have resolved your issue, and potentially save you all that effort modifying your maps?

To Sign up, email Explorer4ArcGIS@arcgis.com and request to be added to the Beta program, and we will get you signed up.

Looking forward to getting you past this Molly!

Heather

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Our mobile map used to view electric outage information is pretty much dead in the water without the popup.  It is made available to everyone in our organization with an AGOL account, so about 650 people are coming away with a bad impression of what we built, and it took a lot of hard work to get adoption in the field.  I'm on 17.1.2.  Any update on a fix?  We are in storm season when outages are most likely to occur.

Thanks,

Shana

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Shana Gail,

I'd be happy to work with you to understand why the popups aren't working. Is this a Mobile Map Package or a Web Map that you are using? Also, are you able to share the map with me so I can debug? Feel free to email me a jwhitney@esri.com and we can discuss further.

It's worth mentioning we'll have fairly substantial update coming within the next month that is going to fix some known issues. Most of which can be tested in our 17.2.0 Beta, available on Apple's TestFlight app. We can add you to the Beta testers group if you send me the email you use with your Apple account.

Joel