Select to view content in your preferred language

Explorer Crashes on iOS When Using Locator

02-20-2018 09:36 AM
MichaelMorisette
New Contributor III

Hi

Our field workers are using the Explorer app to view some of our maps while in the field.

It appears that the app updated to version 18.1 on iOS sometime last week.  Ever since then the app has been crashing as soon as the user taps the Geolocator "magnifying glass" tool.  Sometimes it will work once or twice, then persistently crash the app thereafter.  We have verified this issue on other iOS devices.  The locator tool seems to work fine on Explorer for Android.

Has anybody else been experiencing this and know of a workaround.  How would we go about submitting a bug report to Esri (or check if one has already been submitted)?

Thanks

6 Replies
DavieCrawford
New Contributor

We are having the same issue.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Michael Morisette‌ and Davie Crawford‌,

I'd like to work with both of you to understand what's the bug you're seeing. Can either of you share your maps temporarily so I can debug the crash? If so, you can share a map by adding me (joel_Nitro) to a group and sharing the map with the group.

Does Explorer crash if you tap the Search tool after Continuing Without Signing In? Are the maps the field workers using Web Maps or MMPKs? Is your org using a custom geocoder or the esri world geocoder?

Feel free to email me a jwhitney@esri.com and we can discuss further.

Joel

0 Kudos
DarrenHaag
New Contributor III

We have the same issue.  When our iPad’s updated collector to the latest version,  tapping the magnifying glass crashes the app.  It does not matter what map is loaded(one of ours or an esri web map),  it happens as well whether the user is connected to our portal or to agol.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey haagdj‌,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I chatted with Davie over email, and we're pretty confident that we fixed the crash you both were running into. This will be included in our 18.1.1 release in the next week or two.

DarrenHaag
New Contributor III

Thank you for the update.  Our field staff will be happy to see it fixed as they use that functionality a lot.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-z6kkmt7Iu_Ad
New Contributor II

Hi,  any update as to when the 18.1.1 version will be out?   We are anxious to see this issue resolved so we can push out Explorer to our users.   Can't implement until this is resolved.   Thanks.

0 Kudos