Custom Geocoders in Explorer on iOS

Jump to solution
10-20-2017 08:12 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

From what I can tell the only options for searching in Explorer are to use the pre-configured ESRI world geocoder or set up searching on layers in the web map.  Are there any plans to enable us to bring in geocoder services that are configured in our Portal/ArcGIS Enterprise?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Gareth Baker‌,

Thank you for using Explorer. In the current implementation, Explorer can search via feature search (by layers) or by using the top geocoder set-up in the Portal/Enterprise. If you re-order your geocoder services so the custom geocoder is on top of the geocoder list, Explorer will use this for it's searches.

There has been an enhancement request to give users the option to select which geocoding service they would like to search from. If you'd like to follow this request you can contact support and ask to get attached to the ticket (ENH-000098923).

Joel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Gareth Baker‌,

Thank you for using Explorer. In the current implementation, Explorer can search via feature search (by layers) or by using the top geocoder set-up in the Portal/Enterprise. If you re-order your geocoder services so the custom geocoder is on top of the geocoder list, Explorer will use this for it's searches.

There has been an enhancement request to give users the option to select which geocoding service they would like to search from. If you'd like to follow this request you can contact support and ask to get attached to the ticket (ENH-000098923).

Joel

GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the speedy reply Joel. That makes a bit more sense to me now.  There are actually about four or five geocoders that it would be useful to use in Explorer so it would be good to be able to allow more than just the one. I guess we could build a composite locator which wraps up all the others but I think for now we can make it work with a combination of feature search and the top geocoder.

0 Kudos