Sign In Process

04-22-2011 07:11 AM
toddcomer
New Contributor II
I cannot believe how completely, and unnecessarily convoluted the sign in process is for this.

Is there some reason a user cannot just sign up and be done with it; or, am I just missing something?

Workflow:
1) Click Sign up from Sign In Window
2) Complete Form
3) Go back to SignIn Window and attempt to Sign In ... FAIL

[This is where I discovered you then have to go back and "register" the global account for use with ArcGIS Explorer Online... I thought that was what I was doing when I first attempted to sign up!]

4) Return to Sign In Window and click Sign UP again.
5) Click  Register ... global account.
6) Accept Agreement
7) Return to Sign In Window and FINALLY a user can sign in?

I wonder how many folks are just giving up on this ridiculous loop of signing and registering.  Very much like v10, this is yet another process that is unnecessarily complicated.  Did anyone actually test this, prior to implementation?

Here is a workflow that makes more sense...

1) Click Sign UP
2) Complete Form
3) Login
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AvinashRude
New Contributor
I wonder how many folks are just giving up on this ridiculous loop of signing and registering.  Very much like v10, this is yet another process that is unnecessarily complicated.

Here is a workflow that makes more sense...

1) Click Sign UP
2) Complete Form
3) Login

Hey Todd,

Thanks for bringing this up. As you will see from some other users, this has been an issue to be resolved. A similar thread can be found here: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/26462-Cannot-Sign-In
0 Kudos