Select to view content in your preferred language

return more than 1000 records?

10-26-2011 05:26 AM
ronaldbruzzese
Emerging Contributor
I'm connected to my own hosted arcgis server map service.  when running a query i'm limited to returning 1000 records.  is there a way to return all the records?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulLohr
Frequent Contributor
Using Windows Explorer, browse to a location where your ArcGIS Server installation is located, then to where the service configuration files are stored. Usually this is something like:
C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server10.0\server\user\cfg\<folderName_or_serviceName>

Find the CFG file for the service you'd like to modify. Open the CFG with a text editor, change MaxRecordCount to whatever value you like, save and close the file. Restart the service, you are good to go.
0 Kudos
ronaldbruzzese
Emerging Contributor
thanks for the response pml.  i edited the CFG and changed the MaxRecordCount to 3000 and restarted the map service.  unfortunately the query is still only returning 1000 records.  i even created a new map at arcgis online and completed a new query that only returned 1000 records.  is there anything else I need to do?  my original query was on a feature service, i also tested a query in a new map with the mapserver service and it still only returned 1000 records.  any ideas are appreciated.
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
You'll also have to restart the Map Server when doing it this way. See the Help for more information

You can also go into ArcCatalog, right click on the service, select Service Properties, and in the Parameter tab, change the maximum number. I don't think this requires restarting the Map Server.
0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor
You'll also have to restart the Map Server when doing it this way. See the Help for more information

You can also go into ArcCatalog, right click on the service, select Service Properties, and in the Parameter tab, change the maximum number. I don't think this requires restarting the Map Server.

** When I go into ArcCatalog, the "maximum number" of records is grayed out, even though I am the one who set up the service.  Is there any way to change this number?

--Joseph Kerski
0 Kudos
danialhaddad
New Contributor
You can increase the number of returned record from service properties in ArcCatalog services proparites
0 Kudos
kimi_li
New Contributor
** When I go into ArcCatalog, the "maximum number" of records is grayed out, even though I am the one who set up the service.  Is there any way to change this number?

--Joseph Kerski

you must stop the service ,than you can edit this number
0 Kudos