Identify tool not working on basemap imagery

08-25-2015 02:02 AM
IeuanHarry1
New Contributor III

Hi

Im using the ESRI imagery basemap as a background for some figures that Im creating but i need to know the capture date. In the past I've used the Identify tool to achieve this but all of a sudden this does not work and all I get is "No Identified features" caption. Its strange because it was working a few weeks ago. I've tried panning to different locations to see if the problem was just the particular location I was looking at but the the issue persists.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
EllenBryson2
Occasional Contributor

Did you intend to post your question here in the ArcGIS Explorer Desktop area? You mention an explicit Identify tool, which  ArcGIS Explorer Desktop does not have, but ArcMap does.

In AGX you just click on the map near a feature to get information about the feature--no identify tool needed! But it does not return any information from any basemap.

I know that you can't get the imagery date from ESRI basemaps from within ArcGIS Explorer Desktop unless you develop an add-in tool of your own. But you can get the imagery date from within ArcMap using the identify tool.

hope this helps.
Ellen

0 Kudos