Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting Coordintaes using MouseMove using C#

12-02-2010 06:18 PM
PiyushDubey
Emerging Contributor
I want to access the coordinates along with elevation values using mousemove event in arcgis explorer using C# programming. If anyone have some idea pls let me know.

Eagerely waiting for the responce
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeRudden
Emerging Contributor
Hi,

ArcGIS Explorer Online does not have any customization options, nor does it display data in 3D (z values). However, if you'd like to see the coordinates all you have to do is to turn on coordinate display by clicking the Show Coordinates (XY) button on the navigator control

ArcGIS Explorer Desktop provides both the ability to write custom add-ins and provides both a 2D and 3D display. There is a separate forum for ArcGIS Explorer Desktop .

• The positional information at the bottom of the map shows the x/y/z of the target position. If you can't see this, then go to Explorer Options and check on positional information.

• The mapping control does not expose a mouse move API.

• There are tracking methods (both synchronous and asynchronous) on the MapDisplay class that you could use to return positional information for user defined shapes.

Regards
Mike Rudden
ESRI
0 Kudos
PiyushDubey
Emerging Contributor
Hi
Mike Rudden
ESRI ,

Thanks for the information. I have already implemented Track method for getting coordinates along with elevation values but the changes with the mousemove is not very frequent. kindly let me know in this regrads. Is there any possibilities of for the implementation that mapping control expose a mouse move API. Is there any 3d web control is available from esri to access and view 3d.

Thanks

Piyush
0 Kudos
MikeRudden
Emerging Contributor
Hi,
So I can confirm that for Explorer Desktop there are no plans to implement a mouse move API. There is the 3D Globe Control, which is part of the ArcGIS Engine product, but you would have to buy license(s) for this.

Please post future Explorer Desktop questions in the appropriate forum.

Mike Rudden
ESRI
0 Kudos