ARGH Null Reference exception thrown by invocation

10-31-2011 11:21 AM
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II
was working fine and dandy was just addin little thing here a little thing there... went to run it and wham

Exception when attempting to create an instance of the 'PLSSAddin.PLSSGoTo' System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PLSSAddin.PLSSGoTo..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at ExplorerCore.AddIn.CreateInstance()

wt heck??? was up and working fine!... tested it on other machines same thing I was only changing labels and a couple names of some text boxes!!!!! this is the third time I have had this happen and each time the only way I can fix it is to totally start a new project and remake everything
I have cleared the plugins cache and removed them, I have deleted the debug folder and have totally done a clean build.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II
yeah I am dumb figured it out ........
0 Kudos