Select to view content in your preferred language

widgets losing connection with feature layers after grouping feature layers in webmap

08-09-2024 02:41 AM
Labels (1)
Stefan_Thorn
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have created a webmap and used this map in an ExB. I use a list widget to give an overview of polygons in a feature layer.

After I have reordered  the feature layers in the webmap, made groups in the webmap, the list widget gives the error "Data is inaccessible". This means I have to go through the list widget(s) to reconnect the data.

Stefan_Thorn_0-1723196108011.png

This also is occurring with the Edit widget

update: Esri Case #03695550

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ke_Xu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefan_Thorn,

In brief, feature layer and group layer are different layer type. So at first, the widgets read the layer as feature layer, then layer type changed, the widgets couldn't read it. You need to reconnect the data again.

Thanks,

Ke  

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Ke_Xu ,

Thank you for your reply. I think this is something to be fixed because this has a big impact on many ExB applications. All widgets in the ExB are effected by this issue. 

i.e. For a client with many sites, we creating ExB applictations for each site. Each site has its own webmap with the same groups and layer structure.

Stefan_Thorn_1-1723803228697.png

And each ExB have the same setup with several widgets (configurates list widgets, edit widget).

If there is a change in the default webmap layer structure, this must be applied for all sites, and than all ExB applications must be repaired too.

0 Kudos