Widget Interaction

09-28-2021 01:46 PM
CourtneyMenikheim
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have an example of developing a custom widget that interacts with an out-of-the-box widget? I've been looking at Data actions, widget communication, etc, but an example would be really helpful.

For more context, I have a custom widget that allows the user to select a few different layers, then search those layers for features that intersect with a geometry on the map. In the same experience, I have a table widget with those layers as data sources.

When the user performs the search, I would like to set the table to look at the searched layer, and filter the results based on what the search results returned. I feel like my custom widget needs to emit some sort of data action and the table needs to listen for it, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Courtney Menikheim | Application Developer | @thecmenikheim
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CourtneyMenikheim
Occasional Contributor

It seems like the table has built-in functionality for listening to changes in the selected items.
https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/action-triggers/#

Is there a way to set up functionality in a custom widget to trigger that change?

Courtney Menikheim | Application Developer | @thecmenikheim
0 Kudos
Ashok
by
New Contributor III

Dear All,

I am also looking for the same functionality. Need to interact between custom widgets.

As we know, there is publishData() and onReceiveData() methods to implement this in WebAppBuilder.

I am looking for the same functionality in Experience Builder. Some example will be more helpful.

Thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos