Select to view content in your preferred language

Widget Development and Upgrading from Enterprise 10.9.1 to 11.3

07-11-2024 12:55 PM
Labels (1)
FaithBest
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I am in charge of taking some old applications in a non Esri Software and rebuilding them in Experience Builder. Currently my organization is running on Enterprise 10.9.1 and according to this release versions chart this means we have 1.5 Developer edition and Experience Builder version 1.5.

Currently there is not a lot of functionality in Experience Builder in this edition, and although my organization plans to upgrade to 11.3 after these old applications have replacements, the lack of functionality leads to custom widget creation to fill the gaps.

My Question:

If I build custom widgets in the 1.5 Developer edition using (Node.js 14 and React.js 17 and JSAPI 4.20) will these be easily upgradable/usable when my organization upgrades to 11.3 Enterprise?

If any of you have experience with an upgrade like this while having custom Experience Builder widgets, any information and help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if there are any helpful tips for upgrading widgets or building them in developer, any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I would recommend building your applications in Developer Edition 1.14. I am working with Enterprise 10.9.1 and have found no compatibility issues with Developer Edition 1.11, 12 or 14. (1.13 was unusable for a 10.X Enterprise with SSO.) There have been many major breaking changes in the JavaScript API since 4.20. If you are planning to use the 11.X feature of Enterprise to host widgets, you should avoid going beyond 1.14. Enterprise does not seem capable of running a widget that was built in a higher version of Developer Edition than it natively supports.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos